Forums are back in action! ×

Leveling Up in the "Nerd Universe"

Hello all,

I am happy to say that I just completed the LOTR: Fellowship  book.  While I can't say that I remember all the details of the novel, I can say that it was a very good book.  I do think that to complete the series, I may opt for the movies (none of which I have ever seen)....I know "bad nerd".

I also started Star Wars Rebels this weekend.  One of my other posts about Thrawn Trilogy led me to begin looking closer at the newer Canonized Star Wars Universe, instead of going back to the older books.  So Rebels is my first step.  I didn't watch all of Season 1, but watched enough to know what was going on, and then watched the Season 2 Premiere. I will also be going back and watching Episodes IV, V, and VI with both my daughters this weekend.

My daughter and I are also going through the list of Marvel Universe Phase 1 and 2 to get ready for the upcoming movies.  I am happy to say that I have turned her into an Avengers Angel (I liked the alliteration better than saying Marvel Nerd).  We began with Captain America: First Avenger, and have made it through Iron Man 3 so far.  Next on our list is Thor: Dark World, Captain America Winter Soldier, then to see Age of Ultron (again), and Ant-Man.

Next on my list of books will be Game of Thrones.  I haven't seen any of the HBO shows, but I am still looking forward to it.

So, anyway, that is my "Leveling Up in the Nerd Universe" update.  Now it's on to Level Up my Diet and actually stick to it.  More to post about it later.

If anyone has any suggestions about what they recommend for what's next, feel free to share.

• Like 1

KB4RN3S the level 2 Wood elf, Ranger 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 3|STA 2|WIS 2|CHA 0
Current challenge

"Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one."

~Bobby Knight~

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."

~Arthur C. Clarke~