Forums are back in action! ×

Work-related woot!

Let's see if I can tell the story, removing just enough names to not incriminate the guilty, and still have it make any sense...

I work at a very large video games company. I came on board right before a major cross-team project shipped last year, and I did what I could to help it ship from my team's side. At the company holiday party last weekend, I ran into one of the senior engineers from the other team, and was introducing him to my husband: "$HUSBAND, this is $SENIOR_ENGINEER, without whom $PROJECT would absolutely not have shipped." The engineer looked me in the eye and said, "It wouldn't have shipped without you, either."

I just sort of nodded and said, "Yeah... you know, you're right." And spent the rest of the evening smiling about that.

Feels great to be regognized by your collegues and peers. In my mind, the bonds that you forge through your hard work and accomplishments overshadow the accomplishment itself. This will give a boost to your career and how you are viewed at the firm. Certainly a woot-worthy moment.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance