Forums are back in action! ×

Hi. My name is Cyndie aka GoddessAthena. I started here a few years ago and then stopped. I NEED to lose weight. My biggest challenges are.. My herniated discs and si joint dysfunction (why I NEED to lose weight) impairing my ability to exercise and sugar..specifically chocolate flavored sugar. I don't know where to start. I am in a full blown disc flare up. I guess the best place to start is with diet. I am also going to continue walking and spending time walking in the pool as well. I recently started my own business pet sitting and dog walking. My biggest fear is that my back will prevent me from continuing with this business. But I am NOT ready to give up yet. They say I can heal and get better. I know my physical condition must improve for this to happen long term.

Current weight: 257lbs

Height: 5' 10"

Goal weight: 180lbs

Goddess Athena

Human Druid

Level 1

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-1 CON-3 WIS-6 CHA-2

"nothing changes if nothing changes" a friend

Welcome back. You can do this. My first suggestion is move to healthier chocolate, you don't have to give it all up in one go. And you're right, diet is 80% of weight loss even for people without joint issues, so that's definitely the first place to start.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Right now I have a glass of homemade chocolate milk in the am. It contains 3tbs Cocoa, 2 1/2 tbs raw sugar and prob 16-20oz 2% milk. I also eat dark Hershey kisses throughout the day. Recently I have bee eating chocolate covered donuts by the 4pk(the other night I ate 2 of these).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goddess Athena

Human Druid

Level 1

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-1 CON-3 WIS-6 CHA-2

"nothing changes if nothing changes" a friend

In my case I prefer no sugar than sweeteners... 
If this is also you case... you can drop little by little the quantity.

Instead of 2 1/2 tbsp try 2 tbsp tomorrow, get use to it some days and, when you do,  try 1 1/2 tbsp.

In no time you will no using sugar on your chocolate milk. 

Good luck!

Mel Naux ~my evil me~

Race: Doppelgänger | Class: None
[Lvl 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

MFP

Challenge: 11

If you're hooked on sugar maybe replace the sugar craving for some sweet fruit to start? A lot less sugar in fruit than most chocolates and it'll give you a little more nutrition too. 

Also, I agree, do you like coffee? Maybe a skim cappucino with some sweetner in the morning for that drink fix?

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both