Forums are back in action! ×

noob ranger ready to rebel!

Hi!

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself from the Black Hills of South Dakota. I already managed to lose 40 in the last 5 years but it's time to take it to the next level. I've stagnated. I happened to notice that I was drinking almost a 12 pack 5 days a week, smoking 1-2 packs of cigs a day. While I was browsing around online looking for ideas on how to change nerd fitness popped up. This is perfect for me, and the community seems super tight. I'm following my quests and starting with the beginner bodyweight workout. I do a lot of hiking but I underestimated the circuits; kicked my arse! Felt good though, and I need to blow out the cobwebs so I can be ready for the next fitness challenge. Anyhow this is me and I am happy to join the Rebellion. I won't let you down!

Avitus

-Avitus Xenoi-
Race: Ascending Kitsukan
Class: Recruit
Level:1
STR: 2 | CHA: 1 | | STA: 0 | WIS: 3 | CON: 2.3 | DEX: 0

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Welcome! And good luck!

You can only let yourself down, so do what you think is good for you ;)

As long as you feel good about yourself!

About the drinking… I feel you. I was at a point that I was drinking too much wine every day and now I only drink on fridaynights and in the weekend and I try to put a limit to the amount and so far I'm doing pretty well. 

I'm sure you can also make it work one way or another

• Like 1

My battle log:  BeaVer's fat-losing journey

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

Lose 12kilo - 26lbs (1% = 120grams, 1kilo = 8,3%)

21%
21%

Cigarettes killed my mother at 47; alcohol killed her brother at 38; these are status effects preying on me that i must recognize. 10 years ago (I turned 30 this may) I pulled an 8 mile run twice a month. I have let my apathy consume me until running a block leaves me wounded. For my mother I have to come full circle.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

In the spirit of the rebellion and stacking small commitments that turn into lasting change I would like to taper both of them down to a more moderate level, ultimately quitting smoking completely and reserving alcohol for special occasions.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Sounds like a good idea, I was going to suggest you make small steps. In terms of priority, I think Cigarettes should be first then alcohol, and definitely take small steps.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath