Forums are back in action! ×

A few days after i joined this site, I had a,,,,,,we will call it a mishap, that ended in me very badly injuring my knee. I got the dreaded unhappy triad, torn acl (completely detached at both ends) a partially torn mcl, and a medial meniscus tear. I was almost completely immobile for the first 3 weeks, due to very deep bruising in my shoulder as well as some abrasions i couldnt even really use crutches.Well needless to say, with my forced very sedentary lifestyle for a few months, i gained about 35 pounds onto my already overweight status. In about september I finally was able to move around a bit and was terrified about my weight gain. I cleaned up my diet a bit (not perfect,  but better) and started walking or cycling as much as my knee would allow.Fast forward to the end of May, i had lost the 35 that i had put on as well as another 12 pounds, and my knee is about as close to 100% as i think it will ever be. In early june, a good friend of mine with a background in fitness and i started working out 3 times a week.in the first 2 weeks i lost about another 15 pounds, then started slowing down big time, like 4 pounds the 3rd week and a gain of 2 in the last week, I actually feel like it is a good thing, as i am getting significantly stronger and through my weekly pictures, my upper arms, shoulders and upper chest are noticably bigger then they were 4 weeks ago, my quads are starting to really pop in my legs too. So all said and done, ive lost nearly 50 pounds since september. Im just trying to keep it on track and get into legitimate good shape, id say my goal is to lose another 60 pounds from where i am right now. The biggest concern i have is not actually losing the weight (dont think my friend will allow that to not happen haha) but im starting to think that i might have some excess skin in places when its all said and done. Anything i can start doing to minimize that would be great.

Well done on overcoming injury and continuing to make progress. I don't know much about skin recovery after weight loss.  From what I understand it recovers more slowly than we would like, sometimes depending on how far it was stretched there is only so much it will go back.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It wasn't easy, as I hate walking on paths or sidewalks. I would much rather just go hike around in the woods. With my new weight training routine and ability to actually go a quite a bit harder on the cardio, I think it's just a matter of time now. Im pretty excited about the gains I'm seeing in my upper body. Now if I can just start to see more of the fat going away I'll be real happy.