Forums are back in action! ×

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and sick of letting that define my weight!

My name is Mak, I own a PC, and I am DONE having my invisible illness and my sugar addiction control my life! Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome affects the collagen in my body; once I sprained or twist something, it's easier to injure again. So I have to be careful, nothing high-impact, and build muscle as fast as possible. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO WORK THE PROGRAM WITH EDS, I would love to ask you some questions.

I'm 27, 5'5" 250lbs, bubbly theater nerd who is back in school to become a specilzed child therapist/sociological researcher. I would LOVE to be an Assassin/Monk/Druid and gain masterful control of my body. I'm really tight on cash, so all my work will be at home, in parks, and around campus.

Excited to get started and kick ass so I can help other bendy EDS ppl down their own Nerd Fitness paths.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the rebellion. Many of us have obstacles to overcome, though I have not heard of any like yours.  I would think body weight workouts and yoga are the way for you to go, particularly if you are in to assasin/monk/druid stuff. 

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath