Forums are back in action! ×

HG survivor wanting to be STRONG

Hey fellow Nerds and Warriors!  I was on this site over a year ago, but I can't remember any of my log in info.  Honestly, I am glad because I wasn't really committed then, or at least not committed for the right reasons then, and I am glad to have a fresh start and brand spankin' new screen name!

A year ago I found out I was pregnant with my third kiddo.  My other two pregnancies were rough, but nothing like this last one.  I wound up being diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum and was extremely sick.  Long story short, from 8 weeks pregnant to 39 weeks pregnant I wound up being crippled by my illness.  I was unable to drink water, only able to eat (and occasionally keep down) mashed potatoes, on 24/7 IV hydration and medication via PICC line when my veins all collapsed or scarred up after too many pokes.  During all of this my body became ridiculously weak.  I was unable to do much for myself and spent a lot of time in bed or in a recliner, so any muscle I did have atrophied down to nothing.  My body is pretty unrecognizable and foreign to me honestly.  

My daughter is nearly four months old now.  She has some medical difficulties and I realized today that I am making excuses.  I keep thinking with this kiddo's medical issues get better I will have more time, energy, etc... fact is I don't know when, or if, that will happen.  I need to be strong and healthy now both for myself and my spawned little mutants.  I am still incredibly weak, have no endurance, and while I weigh less than I did prior to pregnancy (thanks to not being able to flipping eat for months at a time!) it is all distributed in a way that I cannot stand.  My appearance, however, is entirely secondary to how I FEEL.  I desperately want to feel strong, capable, and whole again after being so entirely out of control and weak.  

We have some severe food allergies in the house, so we have some dietary restrictions that render our home completely nut-free and eggs and something we only utilize with extreme caution.  Paleo is honestly the most adaptable dietary life style my husband and I have encountered as of yet.  Speaking of my husband ... I think he is on here somewhere ... so if my story sounds familiar to you -- hi honey!

Anyway, I am excited to look around and reacquaint myself with Nerd Fitness in general.  If you have any suggestions you want to send my way, please feel free.  At present I am planning to just start nice and easy since I am recovering and so pathetically weak.  My own body weight will be enough of a challenge for me!  :nonchalance:

• Like 1

welcome back, and best of luck with everything

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Welcome! That is a huge challenge you are facing. My biggest suggestion is to start out small. You're going to need to be very gentle with yourself. At first, you will only be able to take baby step versions of baby steps.  You will get your strength back, and as a side effect you will get a lot of patience.

You can do this and we are here for you.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath