Forums are back in action! ×

What's your most proud accomplishment?

What's your most proud moment of all time? It could be about yourself or your kids, anything really.

STYLAX

Pokémon Trainer Lv0

Link

< STR:            1               |               CHA:           0 >

< STA:            1               |               WIS:            0 >

< CON:           2               |                DEX:           1 >

Getting to today.

Kinda lame but I'm really proud of myself for making it through all the ups and downs in my life to get to where I am today. I am by no means perfect and I've definitely got far to go but I could also be much further behind than I am.

I gotta say mine is pretty similar. I just took a deep breath and thought about how grateful I am to be who I am and where I am today.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Surviving. I experienced an extreme trauma three years ago. It took me until now but I've made it through the flashbacks and the darkness that followed and now I'm finally me again; happy, optimistic, excitable me! So it might sound a bit lame but that will always be one of the things I'm proudest of: surviving the storm. 

:)

• Like 4

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

Surviving. I experienced an extreme trauma three years ago. It took me until now but I've made it through the flashbacks and the darkness that followed and now I'm finally me again; happy, optimistic, excitable me! So it might sound a bit lame but that will always be one of the things I'm proudest of: surviving the storm. 

:)

I work with Trauma victims and one of the things we tell them is that it's helpful to refer to themselves as survivors, rather than victims, for the reasons you just listed.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I work with Trauma victims and one of the things we tell them is that it's helpful to refer to themselves as survivors, rather than victims, for the reasons you just listed.

That's great. For me the big transition in which I leaped back into my real self was when I decided that I wasn't a victim. I am not a victim. I am a survivor. And that means that I'm strong. In doing that I broke out of the cycle of feeling weak, vulnerable and effected and began to see how I survived it and thus what happened didn't break me - it made me stronger, in the long run. :)

• Like 3

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

Mine is simply being here. Being a survivor also, Fall down, get up, repeat. I finally learned that I am not helpless or useless, I began focusing on what I do have and what works for me and to take Frost's words "That has made all the difference".

• Like 3

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage"

That's great. For me the big transition in which I leaped back into my real self was when I decided that I wasn't a victim. I am not a victim. I am a survivor. And that means that I'm strong. In doing that I broke out of the cycle of feeling weak, vulnerable and effected and began to see how I survived it and thus what happened didn't break me - it made me stronger, in the long run. :)

thankyou! For this!
  • Like 1

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."

I would also have to say surviving and still being alive. I've had so much had luck in life and had some many bad things happen to me that I didn't deserve, it's a wonder I'm still alive and kicking. A couple years ago something happened that made me lose literally almost everything, and I had to build myself and my life back up from scratch. I've recreated myself like a phoenix. Sometimes I still wonder if I'll ever be complete again, if some of those things were irreplaceable and if I've lost myself... and some of those things I still miss so hard it hurts, and there will forever be a hole in my heart in their place. I wish I was being emo and overdramatic, but I'm not. Back then, I thought I would surely die. But I didn't, I'm here. Maybe I will die in a few months, or half a year, or in a few years... but if I'll survive long enough, maybe someday yet I'll reach happiness.

• Like 2

POLARIS - LEVEL 4 AVATAR WARRIOR/MONK

(currently visiting assassins) | Challenge Thread

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

Wow, I never really thought about it, but that's the mental attitude I've had since my accident. I've always been proud of my scars, they're my "Battle Scars", they're proof of what I've been through and survived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

What's your most proud moment of all time? It could be about yourself or your kids, anything really.

Outside of somehow managing to live to this age.... as I have done some stupid things.

I would have to say my Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, 4 years of full time school, 4 years of full time work, and getting about as close to mentally breaking as I could, and I still managed.

I can thank my Cross Country coach for that one...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Outside of somehow managing to live to this age.... as I have done some stupid things.

I would have to say my Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, 4 years of full time school, 4 years of full time work, and getting about as close to mentally breaking as I could, and I still managed.

I can really relate to this, I'm just about done my degree in Computer Engineering and I feel the same way. It's been so hard and stressful and I still have one last semester to go but if I could go back I'd still do it. It's changed me as a person for the better, it really made me grow up and grow a thicker skin, and gave me an interest in beneficial things I never thought I'd like, like robotics, personal finance, and productivity. And it's given me such a huge boost for my future with work experience, a small student loan since work terms earn enough to push me through school, and the skills needed to get a job. I'm very proud of it.

^^^ something i look up to. I'm at the binning of something like that and its already getting hard. It's great to know others have made it, Congratulations!!

My greats achievement to date is graduating high school. i was the first out of my siblings to do so, even though at times it seemed like i wouldn't make it.

^^^ something i look up to. I'm at the binning of something like that and its already getting hard. It's great to know others have made it, Congratulations!!

My greats achievement to date is graduating high school. i was the first out of my siblings to do so, even though at times it seemed like i wouldn't make it.

Congrats on all that... :-)

Now for a bit of advice...

1) Break it up into manageable chunks. Don't look at 4 years, 2 years, or even one year in the future. Don't look past the end of the week. It'll pass by faster than you realize.

2) TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF. I can't stress that enough. There was a period of about 6 months where I was going for 100 hours a week easy. It was damn hard, but even 30 minutes of just not thinking about things will help a ton.

Also, get your sleep. I would sacrifice my free time before my sleep.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I am also proud of surviving. Not that anything particularly horrible has ever happened to me, but I spent a lot of time in my teens and early adulthood wondering why I had to be alive when I just... didn't wanna be. Every year on my birthday I am genuinely surprised (and finally grateful) that I made it through another year.

Also, joining roller derby. It's based on everything I thought I could never be - coordinated, fit, social. I had no skating experience when I began and spent my whole life listening to people tell me how uncoordinated I am. I passed my first skills test which means other people acknowledge the progress in my skills and still I don't totally believe them xD

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

2 Weeks ago I completed my first half marathon. It was the proudest moment of my life but really more than just a single moment.  Having started my journey 2 years ago at 326 pounds, this was just the culmination of everything I've accomplished over the last 2 years all pouring out in one rather emotional moment of joy as I completed the final goal on my list (which has now been updated with new goals LOL). AMAZING experience.

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

The accomplishment to date that I'm most pleased with would be learning to set my introverted nature aside to be more open to meeting new people. Opening up that heart chakra to the universe is a hard thing for me. I've made some wonderful friends since I started opening up.

• Like 1

"The only decision that matters is what you do with the time that has been given to you." (Gandalf - LOTR)