Forums are back in action! ×

A tiny, but significant, victory

I'm just starting this journey with a lot of miles to go, but tonight struck me as one to remember.

On Monday, I decided to make three changes to the way I eat:

• No fast food
  • Drink 64 ounces of water a day (the old 8 glasses)
  • Shorten my eating window to 12 hours (8 AM to 8 PM)

Small things, but each represents a pretty significant shift, particularly the no eating after 8. I'm a night owl and usually find myself munching on something as I read or grade papers or play games late at night. 

The first few nights weren't bad, but tonight the desire to eat something hit me about 8:30 and has persisted all night. I've walked past all kinds of things that would have been easy to grab up and pop in my mouth. In previous attempts at weight loss and health, this would have been the night that I gave in to temptation, rationalized my decision, and told myself that I'd start again tomorrow. But tonight, I didn't. It is 11:32 PM and I haven't eaten a thing since 8. It's a little win in a long game, but a win nonetheless. 

• Like 2

This is what is required of you: to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. - Micah 6:8

You can safely assume you have created God in your own image when it turns out he hates all the same people you do. - Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies

Like pirates, sharks, monkeys, and ghosts, ninjas will never not be exciting. - Danny Wallace, Yes Man

Wow, well done! I know how difficult a thing that is to do. Temptation's one of the hardest boss monsters out there - good job on slaying it, haha. But really, congratulations. Very proud. :)

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire