Forums are back in action! ×

So I was on about a year and a half ago. I started in March of 2014 and even got in on one of the six week challenges, I was going to the gym at least twice a week for at least an hour at a time. In summer I fell steeply off of posting because I started working the New York Renaissance Faire which was great for getting lots of exercise, but also shitty because I worked 7 days a week (and Ren Faire days start at 7am and end at 8pm!). Not to mention I was getting so much exercise that I stopped paying attention to what I ate, which wasn't a problem until the season ended and I started a new degree program which meant I was getting none of the exercise and all of the calories! :nightmare: That went on for the last year and a half while my partner and I kept trying and failing to get back on the wagon while my gym membership was going unused. YIKES. 

The one successful thing I did during that time period was quit drinking soda! I used to have 3-4 12oz cans a day, now I drink that as 16oz sparkling waters instead and only drink soda when I go out or I have the occasional 90cal can as a treat. Soon I want to switch those to diet also. 

But now it's time to fully climb back on the wagon as I make some other big life changes.

1. I am starting yet another new degree -- a PhD! And I get paid for it this time!

2. We're moving! from NYC to LA! 

3. My mother was recently diagnosed with diabetes in spite of all her hard work to stay in shape so I know that I need to work twice as hard if I want to prevent the same issues. 

4. I'm on a birth control that I love, but is notorious for making people gain weight.

5. I hit my all time high weight of 132. May not sound like much, but in college my average was between 110-115. My mom is currently at 109!

So it's TIME.

My mom got fitbits for my partner and I and I jumped back on the wagon on Monday with a really great gym trip first thing in the morning -- only to come home and gradually realize that at some point I had broken my pinky toe and was now in excruciating pain! D'oh! I spent two days recuperating and today I did a Beginner Bodyweight Workout with a couple slight alterations to reduce the impact to my healing toe.

Once we get settled in LA, the partner and I are going to start P90x. I'm so excited!

okay. sorry for the long windedness, but if you made it this far, comment so I know you're here!  

RogueSenna - Level 0 - Wood Elf Assassin

[Andaran Atishan Travellers!] [It's Dangerous to Go Alone]

CHALLENGES:

[#1]