Forums are back in action! ×

Obligatory Introduction or Something

Hello forum goers! As my real name is irrelevant, you may call me Quote.

I hold ties to many prominent cities like Arlington, Virginia and New York, New York, but my primary lurking place is a bird's flap from America's capitol. I found this website while researching how to do a backflip, which lead to wanting to Google Nightwing and just as I had pressed the space after typing his name the auto search box showed Nightwing workout which intrigued me and lead me to a forum post here and here I am! ...That was way too many 'ands'.

I had already started some form of workout regiment for the summer with vigilante lifestyle on my mind. As of now I've been trying to shed the last of my body fat and build some muscle via yoga, weightlifting, strength workouts, and dancing(yes dancing. I've been spending two hours a day playing Dance Dance Revolution and I've been seeing results I swear it!)

I'm 97 pounds and 5'6''(I'm still growing though) so building muscles should be easy enough.

My main goals are the following:

Improve my upper body strength(opening heavy doors without any trouble would be nice... As would being able to punch a full grown man off his feet)

Run five miles before getting tired(is that too much? I just hate feeling exhausted)

Better flexibility and agility(splits. Splits are nice. So is parkour.)

As for end of summer goals, I'd like to be able to do 100 push ups, 500 curl ups, 50 pull ups, and a couple backflips. Also being able to hold The Tree position for longer than 20 seconds would be great.

I mainly want to become fit because I hate feeling weak. People see me as withdrawn and cold when in reality I'll impulsively launch myself into risky situations when I see someone getting targeted. while nothing bad has come of that yet, I would hate to find myself intercepting a mugging only to get tossed around like a ragdoll.

(I also have this whole perfectionist complex going on where I can't bear to be bad at anything. My mind is sharp but my body is weak. I need to change that.)

Anywho, I hope I didn't talk too much and I hope to find the inspiration here I've been looking for!

Welcome to the rebellion. You certainly have a lot of goals and may be setting yourself up for failure if you hope to reach them all by the end of summer. Check out this article on goal setting and see what you want to get done in a few weeks.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks! My main goals are more like my ultimate goals that I'm shooting for whereas my summer goals are more immediate. If I don't reach that by summer's end though I can push it back for end of the year.

I can do a few weeks though. So maybe by the end of July I'd like to be able to do 20 proper push ups, 200 curl ups(these are really easy for me but it's a good abs workout), a pull up, and an assisted back hand spring.

Does this sound more doable?

You know better than I do what you can accomplish in three weeks. Make that your goal but don't beat yourself up if you don't attain it. As long as you improve over where you are now you will have done two things: 1) improved your abilities and 2) learned what would be a realistic goal for you.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath