Forums are back in action! ×

Bad week, time to refocus and move forward

It has been 4 months since I started working on leveling up my life, and 2 months since I discovered this site, and things have been going great. I've gone from 79 to 71 kgs from healthy eating and learning to cook, and gone from 0 chinups/pullups to currently 3x6 and (2,1,1) on my path to reaching 3x10 of each. However, this week has been rough, and I figured it would do me good to rant here and list exactly what I'm going to do in the coming week(s) and make myself accountable for it to not use it as an excuse to backslide.

So for starters, I tried to get the guy at my work gym to show me proper form with the bar to maybe begin deadlifts and squats in the gym. From that afternoon on, my lower back has been hurting.That was last Friday, a week later no better. I went to see a physiotherapist who said it was muscular and should be ok, but I should give it at least 5 days without putting any real strain on it, so gonna have to miss basketball and other activities this week, and it hurts like hell constantly. She said my squat form is bad, and my back/abs are quite weak as well as my outer thigh muscles.

Action :
- Don't be stupid and push myself like I did last week which has just dragged this out
- Do the daily exercises (twice if possible) she gave me to improve my form and strengthen back and abs.

- Still do some workouts that don't involve my back next week once the few days are up. I haven't missed a Monday or Friday workout in 4 months I can't let this break my habit and set me off track.

I'm doing an internship which I really love for my masters degree, but I have to write my thesis/report now as there is only two months left and I am procrastinating the hell out of it. This has led to an over all sliding of my productivity at work and I feel really bad about it... Don't come home feeling proud of my work but like I should have done more.

Action : 
- Starting TODAY, start writing this report, have 10 pages by next Friday, 30 by the following at minimum. Bonus points if I can make it 20 and then 60. Maybe set a daily small goal, not sure if that will be helpful or make it worse, tbd.
- Stop using this as an excuse to put off real work, starting Monday no distraction during the whole day, 0 "quick check ins" here or any other site that will get me off track. Complete all the remaining work from last week before the end of the day even if I have to stay really late. Get back to full commitment so I can feel proud of my work  again.

A logistical nightmare has caused me to have to spend hundreds of euros I don't really have on plane tickets to go get paperwork sorted out.

Action :
- Not much to be done, suck it up and move on I guess. Maybe try and go for the cheaper alternatives when shopping this month to offset this a bit, not sure about this point.

I've been eating full paleo, dropped everything processed and cooking all my meals for the past month and a half roughly, have not broken off it except for drinking and been tracking calories for the past couple weeks, always under my limit. Last night went on a big pub crawl with my friends, so I ate super healthy and lower calorie during the day, but I think that backfired. When I got home after numerous drinks, I attacked my room mates food in the fridge : devoured a giant piece of vanilla cheesecake, took bites from blocks of cheese, and lost count of the spoonfuls of peanut butter and jam... -.-'
This morning I feel so bloated and ill it is horrible.

Action : 
- Survive digesting all of this
- Start up again with big healthy meal today and stick with the progress (I think this will atleast serve as a nice reminder how this food makes me feel)
- Carry on my initiative of using 2-3 ingredients I have never cooked with every week until I run out of new ingredients in my local market/butcher/fishmonger. Maybe scale this back and focus on getting really good at a few things to start.

So if anyone actually read through this, thank you for your patience. I will be flying out on Friday of next week for the aforementioned logistical issue, and I will be back here then to update and make sure I'm on track and haven't used any of this as an excuse to slide off track.

• Like 1

I think I understand,I have been 90% paleo,doing great until yesterday, I had a hot dog, ice cream molten lava triple chocolate fudge,quad shot coffee, chips and cookies! Now it's time to get back on track! I've learned there would be days like this and I can't beat myself up over it! Just gotta pick myself up and start again! Your not alone! Be patient with yourself! Were here for you! You can do this! For you! Your worth it!

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."

Welcome back. You're going to be fine, it just looks like you have a mountain to get over right now. One night of non paleo will not undo all the work you've done. You'll be bloated for a day or two, then get all that stuff out of your system and if you get right back on paleo it'll be like it never happened. You are already planning and adapting, you're gonna make it. Just stick with your good habits.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath