Forums are back in action! ×

So I've been gone a while. It was a pretty intense little bit. Short story? I fell into depression and everything stopped. I was just drinking and wanting to die. No fun. I'm better now. I'm much more stable and I really need to get back on track. Now that my mental health is under control and I don't feel like jumping from high places I figure it's time to get back into this. It feels harder coming back into it as I feel like such a fucking failure. However, we wouod never get anywhere if we just stayed on the ground when we fell. I go shopping this evening so I'll be filling the fridge with more paleo like stuff. My workout routine will go back to the basic beginner and I'll move from there....just sucks starting over.

• Like 6

I've experienced a trauma that set me back in so many aspects of my life. I've recovered and its great to see you jumping back on the horse again too. I know you can do this just like how I've managed. Best of luck! Be sure to let us know how it goes. :)

• Like 2

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

Welcome back! I too am coming back today from a period of not sticking to a fitness routine, so kudos for getting back on it! :)

You shouldn't consider yourself to be a failure in the slightest, in fact, I'd consider yourself to be the exact opposite! You have overcome huge difficulties and challenges already by facing depression head on. I'd like to meet anyone who can go through what you have and still take time to regularly work on their fitness and stick to routines and diets etc. I hope I speak for many people here when I say that what you have achieved by making positive steps with your MH is incredible, inspirational and you have overcome something massive! (Something much harder than working out!)

All of what I say comes from a very limited knowledge of depression, but I hope some of my rambling makes some kind of sense. :P

Don't set goals that are too hard to achieve. And remember that you have a fantastic community here to back you every step of the way :) You can never fail in the eyes of the people here.

• Like 3

9 times outta 10, this is me:

1.gif?w=300&h=219

Sometimes, life bucks you off. And sometimes, you gotta chase what you had before back down. Just remember, it's easier in the long run to hang on for the ride than it is chase it - which makes it worth chasing after when you find yourself back on the ground (as we all do from time to time - or in my case, every other week or so...) ^_^

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!