Forums are back in action! ×

Old Goals, making progress

I set a goal for myself a year ago, that i would get into better shape and drop my weight from at that time about 365 down to 320 lbs.  My prize for meeting this goal would be that i would go on a trip wit the guys from my Sunday School class for hiking, mountain biking, white water rafting, etc.  

I did not reach my goal weight, I was only down to 325 when we left for the trip, but i came back a week later at 322.  I allowed my self so allowances and went on the trip, I had a blast.  

Overall i have lost in the neighborhood of 55 pounds, and I am going to start being better about participating in the 6 week challenges, those helped me out significantly, but life piled up on me for a while.  

I simply wanted to say thanks and share some successes a fellow nerd has seen in recent times.  

thanks all, 

• Like 7

NerdFitness Avatar

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - T. Roosevelt

There is world that should be, and the world that is. We live in one. And must create the other, if it is ever to be. - J. Butcher

I believe that my next goal will be to get down to 270 Lbs, another 50 pounds lost.  But we are only in the starting stages to set the next set of goals.  

I think one of my new goals will be to participate in a fun run 5K in the spring.  

Going to put together some new goals soon, I will post them on the boards, and start working the 6 week challenges more faithfully.  

NerdFitness Avatar

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - T. Roosevelt

There is world that should be, and the world that is. We live in one. And must create the other, if it is ever to be. - J. Butcher