Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, from a drearier than I'd like Cambridge, UK!

My name Is KhakiSuperBunny (David) and I am a self confessed Nerd.

I found the Nerd Rebellion completely by chance after a quick Google search to find out what the hells "Crossfit" actually was after seeing the meme below:

11356530_1594614617456423_1357274999_n.j

And what a find this site was! You're no douobt aware how refreshing it is to find like minded people - funny and interesting articles to read - otherwise why are you here :playful:?

I decided after half an hour of trawling through articles and How Tos that I HAD to sign up to the Fitness Rebellion, and here we are.

So a little about myself and why I signed up now right?

It all started about 11 years ago (cue the harp and wavey flashback sequence). At 16 I'd just finished my Lifeguard Assessment with flying colours and was in the fittest state of my entire life. You had to be, you had to be strong enough not only to get to an emergency quick enough, but be able to lift that casualty (half the time being larger than you, not nessesarily in height but girth) out of danger.

I'm glad to report all the training and time in the pool paid off, in 3 years I made 2 saves and an assist. By which time I'd passed my college course and moved onto the world of Civil Engineering.

10 years pass in which time I went and got myself married, and had a couple of kids, gained a degree in Civil Engineering and developed an 'office bod' (Boo, Hiss) caused by being at my desk for upto 8 hours a day and a too comfortable lifestyle. The end result being I was too embaressed to take my top off at the beach or even in my own back garden.

A little over a year ago I decided enough was enough and had to get things back in order.

I'm not going to lie, it was a rough year, different things cropping up meant that I'd have months away from the gym, and could only dedicate 1-1.5 hours 4 days a week, that and I was still eating cr*p.

That said - I must have been doing something right as I managed to loose nearly 3 stone in fat - go figure.

Since the 1 year anniversary of my joining the Gym (ironically) back in April, I have since started a new job, changed my diet and can now dedicate 5 sessions a week of nearly 2 hours and have already noticed a difference! I've still got a way to go, but I'm getting there!

So yeah...things are looking good - I've decided to join the Rebellion to keep me on the right track, plus provide/seek any help/guidance that I can lay my grubby mits on.

So until we meet again in the forum new friends - Thanks for reading!

KhakiSuperBunny - Out