Forums are back in action! ×

A Challenger Appears!!

Heyo, I've been reading a LOT of NF posts lately so I decided to come on here too!  :rolleyes-new:

I haven't been physically active since high school, which was about ten years ago, and eat mostly junk. I've decided to change that, partly because my body image is in the gutter and partly because I have a major surgery coming up hopefully soon and most people seem to recommend having a healthy diet/exercise routine leading up to that type of thing. So out goes my diet comprised almost entirely of fraps and soda!

For cleaning up my food, my partner has put me on a plant-based whole foods diet. Basically I try to eat things that are NOT processed and are actual real food, and while meat, dairy and egg are ok they are not an everyday thing. The caffeine withdrawal is killer, but my biggest problem is getting enough protein in. Most calculators I've tried put my recommended calorie intake at 1200-1300 and getting the 1g/lb in at 135-140lb without going way over that calorie limit is difficult, and it's not like I'm bulking right now lol. I bought a hemp protein powder, so hopefully putting that into everything will help.

For exercise, I'm starting small. Cardio, crossfit, running, anything like that is a no-go for me because I have asthma and also bind daily for longer than the recommended limit. I plan on starting that NF beginner bodyweight circuit, but for the next week or two I'm starting with JUST a modified version of the warm up (and a cool down of course) twice a week and taming this mess on Saturdays. After surgery I'm going to try to incorporate BodyRock's beginner programs or like couch to 5k twice a week as well.

If anyone has special surgery-prep tips that would be great! I've been told not to bulk soon before surgery since the body should not be healing microinjuries when it's about to go through something traumatic that it's going to need all the energy it can get for - is that legit?

• Like 1

芸術ã¯çˆ†ç™ºã !

Goals:

Actually stick to this whole foods diet

Drop ~5% body fat before surgery

Oh man I know that feeling, I actually had to write this post twice because I took too long and it auto-logged out when I tried to post. Thank you though!!!

芸術ã¯çˆ†ç™ºã !

Goals:

Actually stick to this whole foods diet

Drop ~5% body fat before surgery