Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!

I've been reading through the NF archives over the last week and finally got around to signing up for the forums. I've never been one to use forums much, but one of my goals is to level up my social skills and this seems like a good place to work on that!

Basic info

• Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 226 lbs

Starter goals

• level up fitness
  •    "     "   nutrition
  •    "     "   social skills
  •    "     "   bank account

I've tried dieting and a variety of fitness programs (C25K, Starting Strength) but have never been able to stick with any for more than 2 weeks because I got "too busy". After reading through some NF articles, I recognize that it has always just an excuse and that I need to start prioritizing my health if I want to make any lasting changes and habits.

To start, I'm going to slowly start transitioning to eating more Paleo-like (shooting for 75%-80% of the time) and doing bodyweight exercises at home. Once school starts up in August, I'll have access to the gym where I'll start more strength training exercises. I also plan on joining the Academy once my refund check comes in.

So far this summer, my partner and I have tried cooking at home more, cutting out processed foods, and moving more. It's worked okay, and the cooking-at-home part has definitely begun to stuck. We've also been trying to try one new veggie a week to start incorporating more of those in our diet. So far, I have found roasted broccoli with some lemon pepper seasoning and garlic to be far too delicious.

I hope to join in the next challenge when it starts and I hope to make some friends along the way. I hope that the semi-anonymity of the forums and a forced dedication to leveling up my social skills will help with that.

Anyways, that's me!

• Like 1

Dwarf Adventurer | LVL: 0 

| STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 |

| CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 |

Current challenge (7/27 - 9/6)

Quest #1 - beginner bodyweight workout 3x each week

0%
0%

Quest #2 - cook 18/21 meals each week

0%
0%

Hello and welcome!

Cooking at home and trying a new veggie per week are great goals that can be a lot of fun. I joined a CSA (community-support agriculture) last year and got so many vegetables that I'd never had, and a few I'd never heard of. Looking for recipes and deciding what to make was a great way to introduce things that wouldn't normally be in my diet, including cooking techniques and flavor combinations.

Welcome to the rebellion. It certainly sounds like you have a good start. Cleaning up what you eat is a big part of getting healthy, and many people start with bodyweight stuff before moving on to the IRON.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath