Forums are back in action! ×

Wyld Bill signing in.

Long time reader. First time poster. Hi, I'm Bill. I'm from southern Alabama. Oh, and I've just reached my weight loss goal of 60 pounds.

Here is a short version of my little story. On February 19th of this year I was 250 pounds. I knew I had to make some serious changes. I didn't exercise, eat well, or even sleep well. I was in happy with just about every aspect of my life.

My first chance was to start eating better. Since I was in educated on the topic I went for the easiest choice. Nutrisystem. I have never been so disapointed with food in my life. I don't even like bread, pasta, or chocolate. I lost a little weight but I was hangry and unsatisfied all the time.

Next I decided just to eat cleaner. Paleoish was the way to go. I still eat mostly paleo just because it's the food I actually enjoy. Meat and veggies all day. Its awsome. No garbage or golden arches. I still hit Waffle House some nights but other than that I cook all my own food.

Exercise was next after diet to get a major overhaul. April 1st was the day I started rebuilding myself.I had tried crossfit a few years back and went to the local box to try again. If you ever want to learn how strong you aren't but see what you could achieve, try it out. I hope to compete in my first charity tournament later this year.

I feel like with a good diet and my new healthy obsession, I can accomplish anything.

• Like 2
Be excellent to each other.

Sounds like a very good approach to fitness, health and weight-loss. The first step is finding what works for 'you', and what works can vary for different people. Anyways, I'm Aena - welcome to Nerd Fitness! :)

• Like 1

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

Welcome to the Rebellion, Bill!

Sounds like you're crushing it already. I'm a couple months into my fitness journey as well, and I agree with you. I feel like I can accomplish anything these days. Before NF, it had been a long, long time since I'd had that feeling.

Onward!

ComradeTalls

Human | Rebel | Chaotic Good

[ Level 0 | STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 ]