Forums are back in action! ×

New rebel, long time fan

Hi guys, I'm Ethan.

I'm a transman and I've been on testosterone for about four years on and off due to supply issues.

I guess because I'm 5'3 I'm a hobbit? I'm trying to get into bodyweight exercises because I like the idea of being able to do them pretty much anywhere.

I'm not where I want to be and I'm hoping to fix that.

My first steps have been slowly moving onto the paleo diet.. However, as an architecture student, I have had about six months of eating any cheap junk I can get in my mouth.. Which is mainly sandwiches and rice. Not great.

As it's summer I have nothing to do except computer repair work and gardening work to earn the rent.

However I've got an over-door pull up bar, some push up bars (weak wrists make these necessary), some dumbells, and a really old hydraulic rower. I've finally made space for it to be out and I've ordered a new LCD and pistons for it to give me goals to work to (I used to love rowing 500m as fast as possible as many times as possible and without a display I have no ability to focus).

Other than that, I try to do the beginner's workout but I tend to forget.

I'm not exactly unfit but I'm not fit. I have EIA and I hate running, and I swim in the sea here when it's hot enough (a couple of months a year, Britain's seas are coooold).

I don't know what to say.

My current goal is finding a quick, affordable, and edible for morning zombie-brain replacement for tinned fish or sliced hard-boiled eggs on hot buttery toast.

I don't like sweet things for breakfast, I don't have time for much cooking, I don't like the texture of western omelettes (tamagoyaki can get in my mouth though, the texture is totally different), and I don't know what to do.

Whilst it's summer and have time to cook in the mornings I eat a lot of scrambled eggs and veggies, or preferably miso soup with meat or fish and pickles and salted cucumber.. If I can't find a substitute I will probably have to dedicate myself to waking up early and give myself that time to cook.

I fucking LOVE food and cooking and mostly cook Asian foods and fusion foods because that's the kind of thing I grew up eating. I also love a good hedgerow meal, and even collect edible seaweed and crustaceans when the season is right.

I didn't really know what to post so I just thought I'd lay it all out there. Sorry if this is an odd one.

Hey Ethan, welcome to the Rebellion! :pirate:

It sounds like you have a pretty good baseline and have given some serious thought as to where you're currently at. That's a good first step. I'd recommend getting into a regular routine with the Beginner Bodyweight Workouts now. For me, I really like doing 3x/week - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. Been doing BW workouts for a couple of months now (a bit more intense than the beginner, but that's where I started!) and have gotten great results.

But anyway, you're in the right place and glad to have you!

ComradeTalls

Human | Rebel | Chaotic Good

[ Level 0 | STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0 ]