Forums are back in action! ×

TACFIT Commando

Never heard of it, but because the military loves acronyms, I'm guessing it means Tactical Fitness.

In all honesty, you can make your own at home, or you can go to military.com and check out the free Spec Ops Section.

http://www.military.com/fitness-center/ ... ns/archive

If you don't want to spend the money, do circuits of:

Burpees

Chin/Pull-Ups

Dive Bomber Push-Ups

Jog X Amount Of Feet/Meters To Cool Down

(Remember to make it so it's challenging, but not hard enough so that you can only do one round at a time.)

--------------------------------------------

Thinking about joining, or are you an enthusiast?

Ok, first off, it's got exercises I've never even heard of before. All kinds of twists and turns added to lunges and squats, and giving them all sorts of creative names.... It's supposed to be for the Spec Ops guy, out in the field to maintain his functional strength, but there are barely and push-ups, sit-ups, chin-ups, or running that I saw in the book. That stuff is in all of the U.S. military's physical test stuff.

The thing costs 150 some odd dollars for stuff you can look up. It has breathing techniques. Exhale hard with force. There ya go. Recipes? Google some if you want, but understand that the military gives you Meals Ready To Eat. (MRE's)

I won't contest whether or not Israeli Commandos used the program or not, but it seems like, again, they'd rather do.... Push-Ups and Pull-Ups! The book goes on about functional strength rather than muscle for show, but you can't BS me into thinking that doing a push-up and rolling on your side would be tougher than doing a push-up with one of your hands on a ball, which is a precursor to the one arm push-up!

I do appreciate, however, that there is a section dedicated to mobility exercises to keep your joints lose, but again.... type in on Google "Stretches For Stiff/Sore/Snap Crackle Popping Knee", and I'm pretty sure you'll get a few thousand results at least.

Videos come with the deluxe and some videos are with the basic version. They demonstrates most of the different exercises, which I do appreciate, but I still don't get the need for most of them. Variety?

The layout: I do appreciate that the author(s) try to keep it fresh by saying things like Mission Guidelines, Battle Plans, and Objectives, to make it sound more realistic, but, there's just no need to try and spice things up. I'm willing to bet that the standard Spec Ops guy couldn't give two shits whether you think it's interesting enough... it's exercise, not The Jolly Funtime Show. Also, it has this rating system about how you think your form was, how easy it was, etc.... When I guarantee most people barely even know how bad a cold is explaining it to their doctor. Bad idea, it's human nature to exaggerate to get out of doing something the body doesn't like.

-------------------------------------

So yeah, these are just my opinions. If you want to use the money for this, I will not stop you.

Also, realize I am not in the Army yet. However, I am training, and do use the fundamentals in my training. If you'd like to chat, feel free to message me, and we could talk about military training if that's your thing.

ArmyMBM (Mike)

Thanks for this good info. I suspected it was a lot of $ just for packaging. Version "2.0" is supposed to come out this week sometime. Not sure what the difference would be. I will probably direct my $ elsewhere.

So, you're training for the Army? Good luck. I was Active Duty Army many years ago and it was a great experience. I actually found basic training to be a great time but tough. Let me know if you have any questions. It was a long time ago, but some things never change.

Very cool. Russian looks like an intimidating language.

If you're looking for any books to read, let me suggest Naked Warrior by Pavel Tsatsouline and Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade. Both touch upon harder exercises like one arm push-ups and pistol squats. If you don't have them, they're definitely worth it. And they're not $200 dollars each.

Hey

I purchased t

he tacfit commando before couple of weeks and in general I can say that I am not disappointed.

The program is much more detailed and informative when compared to other similar programs on the web which I have tried using before and the customer support from Scott Sonnon is very good.

Personally, I really like the combination between workout routines and diet regime that Scott Sonnon shows inside the tacfit commando and I think that the sixty days money-back guarantee from Scott Sonnon is a very fair offer that can easily allow anyone to try this program with no risks.

I don�t think that the tacfit commando is a "magic bullet" like some reviews on the web promise, still so far I�m really impressed with the results and I think that with the right mindset it will be possible for a lot of people to see noticeable results in just a few weeks. In any event, with the 100 % refund guarantee I don't believe that there's something to lose...

If you want to learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of the tacfit commando system and to decide if it is actually for you check out this one page which can help

www.tacfitcommandoscottsonnon.com

I hope that this helps...