Forums are back in action! ×

I am made of beginnings

Starting over is not new to me, I do it all the time, often without getting far enough to actually accomplish anything.

I'm making this one different.

The first time here, I impressed myself a little bit by sticking to it as solidly as I did, but there were a couple things that were bound to undo everything I was working on.  Namely, smoking cigarettes and drinking copious amounts of Mt. Dew, not to mention doing next to nothing about my diet.

This won't be like that.  I'm off the cigarettes for good, and the sugary drinks are almost cut out all together.  I do work nights, and my caffeine addiction will take some weaning to get completely rid of without serious suffering.  I'm committing to my workouts anew, making better choices for the things about my diet that in my control.

I want a lot of things out of my life, and they are going to take work.  It's going to take practice, and the best thing I can think of to do for myself is practicing making myself, body and mind, better.

'Some' is not a number.  'Soon' is not a time.

Daily Log | Lessthandaily Blog

Welcome back. Working nights makes relationships with caffeine...interesting. Your last sentence gave me great hope for your progress; when you realize you are going to work out because you love yourself you have unlocked a big part of the puzzle.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath