Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all!

I've been a member of the site for about a month but only just decided to write in the forums. Just a short introduction (if I can manage to make it short, I have a habit of verbal diarrhoea). I'm a 32yo stay at home mum of 3 kids, living in Australia. I've always been 'bigger' all through school and into adult hood. I've yo-yo dieted pretty much all my life but nothing I have done has kept the weight off. As a teen I played a lot of sport, soccer and rugby union were a huge love of mine, but once I started working and having to make money, all my sport stopped and I stacked on the weight. I'm currently sitting at around 113kg, which if I'm honest is the biggest I've ever been while not pregnant. And it sucks. I love gaming, (I'm currently playing LotRO and Skyrim), reading, writing, baking (cupcakes!), archery, RP (I desperately want to get into LARP) and I hate cardio, I'd be the first person to go in a Zombie apocalypse  :playful:

The plan...

The plan is to eat a managed meal plan where the food I order is delivered to my door. I've tried to DIY my own meal plans but I end up increasing the portion sizes and I get back to square one. At least this way I know I'm eating to a calorie deficit and I can see what a portion size looks like as well as making my body get used to those smaller portions. 

The plan is to get into strength training. As I said earlier I HATE regular cardio. Thinking about going for a run or a walk makes me angry, I want to lift... HEAVY. Having said that I'm not averse to punching the crap out of a punching bag for a min straight then doing a quick sprint, or some push ups or something. Just doing the same thing for an extended period of time bores the heck out of me. At the moment I have a 10kg kettle bell and some free weights which I am putting routines together for. In the near future I'm looking into investing in a bench and squat rack and a punching bag and stand. I think that would make me happy  :peaceful:

My stats are as follows

SW: 113kg/249lbs

GW: around 65kg/143lbs (give or take a couple of kg)

I want to break it down into goals. My first goal is to fit back into a dress I had bought (vintage style tea dress) a while a go that never actually fit perfectly. Once I get back into that dress, I'll re-evaluate my next goal. 

If anyone has an advice for this noob I'm happy to take it on board! (or add me as friend if you don't mind stupid questions, teehee!)

Sorry for the novel....Ciao for now

Cupcake <3

Lvl 0 Lady Dwarf Adventurer with Warrior Aspirations

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

"I'm losing weight and becoming stronger for me and no one else, it's my journey and mine alone."

Challenge Log | Battle Log | My Fitness Pal

Welcome to the rebellion. My first piece of advice is don't do cardio. If you hate it that much don't do it. Look up the beginner body weight workout from the blog and do that 3x per week. If you can stand to sprint, try some high intensity interval training 3x/week on alternating days from the body weight routine.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I keep insisting on no cardio. My husband has other ideas and thinks I'm completely insane for just wanting to lift. I shall look into your suggestion. Thanks  :onthego:

"I'm losing weight and becoming stronger for me and no one else, it's my journey and mine alone."

Welcome cupcake queen! I'm pretty new myself.  It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of where you're headed and what you want to do to get there. The dress sounds lovely!

Have a great time here!  There will be new challenges starting up in a week or two; if you're interested in leveling up your life, join the recruits for their next challenge.  Here is the link:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/447-recruit/

Disclaimer, we are just finishing up a challenge tomorrow so it will be a few days before you see the next challenges start up.

Welcome!

Dreena
Level 2 Fire Adventurer
STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | END 3 | CHA 0 | WLP 1
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. 
When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

First Challenge post here; results of first challenge
Tracking Results for Nerd Fitness 

Welcome cupcake queen! I'm pretty new myself.  It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of where you're headed and what you want to do to get there. The dress sounds lovely!

Have a great time here!  There will be new challenges starting up in a week or two; if you're interested in leveling up your life, join the recruits for their next challenge.  Here is the link:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/447-recruit/

Disclaimer, we are just finishing up a challenge tomorrow so it will be a few days before you see the next challenges start up.

Welcome!

Dreena
Level 2 Fire Adventurer
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Welcome!

Dreena
Level 2 Fire Adventurer
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Welcome!

Dreena
Level 2 Fire Adventurer
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thanks Dreena and Tank (btw Tank, your name reminds me of my bestie I play with in LotRO lol). I'll be sure to check out your suggestions. I'll be starting on the body weight exercises this week and looking into some strength training programs to start when I'm more set up. I'm kind of not sure where to start with everything on the site, but I'm sure I'll work it out!  :panda: