Forums are back in action! ×

I lost a few kgs, then gained it again

Ello,

So i've kinda been in the rebellion for about 3 weeks. I started at 98.5 kg, then got to 95 after about a week. I get on  the scale about every day. I stayed at 95 for a while, then dropped to 93 a few days ago. i think I was pretty happy and let loose for about 3 days, but to be fair, not in big ways. I had some rice and low sugar brownies and all that. I weighed myself today and I'm back at 95. 

Sigh... this feels a bit discouraging... I mean I just kinda eat a bit of stuff I like here and there while still trying to keep  my diet and I fail... Maybe I'm being a bit petty, but I just gotta say it. It's taking awhile to lose some weight and it feels like I'm not making any progress.

Oh well, let's start anew, but I do feel like I already am doing a bit much grr (Maybe low fat chocalate milk'll help me curb my choca-lovee)

Water weight can come in for a variety of reason but you can tell it's water if it comes on overnight. The other overnight possibility is GI weight (poo).

To gain a kg of fat, you have to overeat by 7700 calories. Unless you overate by 15400 calories (so around 17000-18000 calories consumed in a day), you haven't gained 2kg of fat.

High sodium foods can cause water retention, which means you don't pee as much. Or, as SpecialSundae said, it could be in your GI tract. Either way, a couple of trips to the bathroom could clear it all up.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yep! Also, remember you didn't gain all that weight in a month- and it's going to take a while to get it all off, this is a process and it takes time. But it's worth it and the habits you build will help you accomplish amazing things, just keep plugging away, ignore the scale (don't weigh yourself daily if the uptick will throw you off your lifestyle) and use measurements for a weekly reference. Weigh yourself once a week or month and if you went up evaluate your actions, recognize what you need to change and plan a different attack. You got this! 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both