Forums are back in action! ×

Your Shape fitness Evolved for Xbox 360 kinect.Opinions please.

I have been trying this for a few weeks now. So far I am just learning the exercises. Has anyone else used this game? I am trying to establish some kind of at home routine for myself that I can do in place of going to the Y when I need to be at home.

I got the 2009 version since there were still some available and they were much less expensive. If this works out I might get the new 2012 eventually.

I have no experience with it but would be very interested to see what kind of results you start getting.

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Well so far so good. I do more of the personal training and gym games. I keep getting "out of rhythm ". Once I was standing still and the voice on the game said "You're doing great". Other than that though I like it. I think that once the holidays are over I will be able to work out with the game at home more until I can do about 75 percent of my exercising at home. I have lost about 45 pounds over the last year and a half and want to lose another fifty-five or so.

I've used the old and the new one. I'm not going to give up my gym membership but I do like using it to supplement aerobic activity. It's still annoying in that it doesn't seem to do a good job of helping you figure out what you are doing wrong in the yoga and tai chi type movements.

I do enjoy the kick boxing and boot camp style workouts it offers. With the New Years crowd getting ready to flood the gym I'll probably try some of the other workout options over the next couple weeks until the resolution people go back to getting fatter.

Guest guest4729

Games like this make me wish I could afford to have an Xbox 360 or a Wii. But alas, along with the games and TV I'd have to buy they're just too expensive. I really REALLY like interactive games and I know they'd get me motivated to "play" and such. Let us know how it works for you. :)

Games like this make me wish I could afford to have an Xbox 360 or a Wii. But alas, along with the games and TV I'd have to buy they're just too expensive. I really REALLY like interactive games and I know they'd get me motivated to "play" and such. Let us know how it works for you. :)

I really could not afford one either. I have an account for the store I bought it from and will have it all paid for in a few months. No interest. When the new Your shape 2012 came out the 2009 version was $28 on Amazon so I bought that. I think that this will be a weekend activity for me since the Y is only open half days on the weekends. So far my honest opinion is that the workouts that I have tried do not pack the cardio punch like going to the gym or running/biking or whatever.

I am going totry some of the other workouts next time and see how they go.