Forums are back in action! ×

Lost my old profile password. So I made this one.

I'm 21. Overweight. Female. College student. And everything sucks right now. I started reading NF last summer. I used the techniques and tips. I lost 30 lbs. I was happy because my shorts fit the way I wanted them too. Even my jeans and boxers. This is weird but it was satisfying to me. But I gained the weight back because I didn't stick to it. And now I'm stuck in a rut. I want to get back motivated. But I can't seem to find the same drive I had. Any advice?

When everything sucks, don't suck. Find one thing you can change for the good, and change it. Let the rest take care of itself. Then, when you've nailed that one small change, make a second small change. Then when that one's locked in, make a third change.  Don't do everything at once, but do one thing at once. You can do this.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

That's why you pick something really easy to start with. Set yourself up to succeed and tell yourself you're going to win.  A big part of your battle is going to be silencing the negative thoughts that defeat you before you even try.  Replace them with good messages.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yeah. I did it really well last time. I was on it. I was so excited to lose weight because I never got the hang of it before. But idk. I think that maybe if I saw myself going in the positive direction, it would be easier for me mentally. I've been making myself walk more (I've been using the Fitbit app since I'm too broke for the watch) that way I can track my steps and water intake. Also, what's the best thing to do if you're with someone and they don't have the drive to lose weight as you do?

That's a tough one when an SO isn't interested in fitness. The best thing you can do is love that person exactly as they are and make good choices for yourself. Don't try to force fitness on them, just let them be and work on you.

Current Challenge

The only thing I can sort as a problem is I eat very poorly when I'm around her. And that is what makes it so weird and difficult. Before we started dating, I was dead set on what to eat, when to eat it, etc. But as time went on, I lost that structure. I think now I'm venting at being mad at myself for not sticking with it. I know you can't blame other people for your failures and things like that. I'll figure it out. Thanks again.