Forums are back in action! ×

Excited about the new Me!!!

Hi all

Just thought I'd introduce myself! I found this website a week or two ago from a post on MyFitnessPal and have spent the last little while reading through it and also Mark's Daily Apple....they have got me excited about the next phase of my journey.

I started off 2 years ago at 234lbs....it was gross, I hated it! My husband and I had been through a tough year and we spent our time eating out, overeating and being incredibly lazy. I started eating healthy on 2nd Jan 2009 after reaching my limit over Christmas and New Year. I lost 22lbs in about 3-4 months and then promptly went back to eating rubbish, although to give me my due, not nearly as much as before. Over the next year I pretty much maintained my weight but got fitter after my husband bought me a very good cross trainer. Still not much was happening and I was making minimal effort to stay in shape. I decided in July this year that I had, had enough. I had gone up to 219lbs again and felt crap. I joined myfitnesspal and slowly started doing a huge amount of research into training and losing body fat. I now train on my cross trainer 3 x per week (down from 5-6 after reading that I wasn't helping my fat loss much and was just wiping myself out!!) and do strength training and lift weights 3 x a week....plus I walk EVERYWHERE!!

I have more energy, look very, very different, lost a lot of fat and gained some nice muscle...however, I'm not done....by any means!

I need to control my eating, I'm aware I'm eating too many carbs and have now started on this road to cutting way back and running on protein and fibre! I'm excited! I already feel better from changing over a few days and unlike the last time I tried to do low carb, I'm ready for the wave of carb withdrawals I will get and this time I'll beat it...with some support I hope!

I'm a vegetarian (eat milk, cheese, yoghurts, eggs but not meat chicken or fish..for 23 years) so this is taking a bit of working trying to figure out what I can and can't eat. I'd love to hear from other veggies doing this. I'm FULLY aware this is not the preferred way to do it but after this long without meat I cannot simply slip straight back into it!

Anyway just wanted to say hi and tell you why I'm here. Hopefully see you on the forum again soon!! :)

Yep! I don't know when I last asked a question on there as I got fed up of the smart arse replies.....and don't bother looking on it any more as there are some really dumb irrelevant posts. Not sure what is worse, ignorance or arrogance but both seem to be in force there. I still use it for logging and support for friends...couldn't be without it actually for those things, it's been a great resource for me! But I'm struggling with knowing what to do with free weights and I've never had any question answered properly there so thought I'd start posting on here. I've just ordered a weight bench and 92kg weight set for my Christmas (from hubby) and asked him to get me The New Rules of Lifting for Women - by Lou Schuler, which I have heard a number of times is pretty good book for knowing what to do as a woman starting out lifting heavy.

Anyway, fab to see you here, we can keep each other right!!! :)