Forums are back in action! ×

Onward to glory

So, yes, hello. :redface:

So, I'm not actually new here. But I've been gone over a year, so I may as well be. And I feel it's time to give this whole fitness thing another go. :nevreness:

I'm a fairly large girl, at 5'9" and 220 pounds. I've always been big. I was known at school for being big and freakishly strong. Everyone I know who knows I weight lift (I wish I were exaggerating) has advised me to not do it. I've been told I'll get bulky, that I won't be attractive, that women shouldn't lift, etc, etc, etc.

But heck, I've never been small anyway. And I love weightlifting, so...y'all can just move on with your life and I'll be over here when you need someone to pick up that twenty pound box. :D

You know the Tauren from World of Warcraft? Yeah, that's about how I see myself. Except, you know. I have five fingers.  :playful:

I guess my goal here is to weigh around 200lbs/91kg. And I would absolutely love to squat 300lbs/137kg (I haven't worked out goals for other lifts yet, but I will get to it). I realize the second part is a long shot. BUT that won't stop me from trying.

Wow, this got kind of long. Anyway. Good to meet y'all. :rapture:

Welcome to the rebellion. There's no reason you can't squat 300lbs if that's what you want to do. If you keep lifting, all you have to do is clean up what you eat a little and you'll be all set.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath