Forums are back in action! ×

If at first you don't succeed..

try and try again, right?

My name's Izzy E. Lewis, and I'm a fat person. No shame in that, of course, except that I no longer wish to be. I'm struggling through many, many obstacles in my life right now, but I have a goal to accomplish. I'm currently living on my friend's couch after being kicked out of my home which has also plunged me back into unemployment, and now I'm trying to get back on my feet. I currently weigh right around 300lbs., I'm 5'11'', and a transitioning transgender woman (which is something I've struggled with since childhood). 

I've decided that I want to get into shape, lose over 100lbs, and enlist in the military in (up to) a year's time. I honestly don't know where to start or how I'm going to keep myself motivated, but this is what I want for myself. I would also like to try my hand at free running during this process, but that's just a little something extra. 

Nice to meet you all!

• Like 2

Izzy E. Lewis | "Bedhead Queen"
Lv.0 Superhero
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

"Bedhead Queen" Issue No.1 (Current Six Week Challenge)

Welcome to the rebellion. That's a lot going on in your life, getting yourself fit will certainly help with the other issues. The way to lose weight is to control what you eat. Diet is 80% of weight loss. There is a new challenge starting tomorrow, why not head over to the recruit section and start a challenge thread?

Good luck!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Not a bad idea, I appreciate it! The diet part's difficult right now since I don't really get to control what or when I eat (as a part of being broke & homelessy), but I can definitely do that with what I drink! I hate water, but I really really need to drink a lot more of it. I'm a pop addict, and when it's there I drink it nonstop. I think I have an idea as to what my six week challenge should be. Thank you so much for your thoughts! 

Lv.0 Superhero

Hi Izzy and welcome.

When i read posts like yours it puts my small issues into perspective.

Decide on your goals then your strategy and off you go, there is a ton of of information on here and we are a supportive bunch.

Join the beginners challenge its good fun.

As I say to all newbies the journey is a marathon and not a sprint, you almost certainly will stumble but put it behind you and carry on.

Dont expect quick results, you will see nothing in six days but after six weeks it will show and after six months..........

It has taken me over a year to lose 35 lbs and 8" from my waist, there were a few stumbles on the way.

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

Thank you! Please, no issues are small if they are negatively affecting you and your health (both physically and mentally). The weight and pain we feel is very real, and incomparable to other's problems because all of our experiences and reactions to certain things are different. Though your issues may seem small to you in comparison, they are still burdening and weighing on you and that is significant. I would say the same thing after hearing others' problems, but it doesn't make the weight on my shoulders any lighter. Just something I always tell myself, haha. 

I have a long way to go 'til I'm where I want to be, but with support and unwavering motivation I'm sure I can achieve these goals. I will.

Lv.0 Superhero

Since you can't control what/when you eat, perhaps you can try focusing on how you eat? Making sure to chew, putting down the fork between bites, appreciating texture and taste of the food. Those are things that I have trouble with, at any rate.

Also, how do you thing those you're crashing with would feel about you helping with the cooking duties and using that chore/task to add more veggies, or reduce sodium, or whatever can be done to make a meal more healthy?

Good luck from a fellow new adventurer!

Level 2 Adventurer of Dubious Reality
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 3.6 | CON 3.2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Introductory Post

Drop a Person Quest - lose 159 lbs.    Start: 309.7   Current: 280    Loss: 29.7

18.6%
18.6%

Current ChallengeRecruit Challenge - 2 

Challenge 2.1 starts... NOW!

Meal Time: 0/5 weeks planned

0%
0%

Time to Get Up: 0/36 workouts

0%
0%

Buffy Time: 1/34 episodes

2.9%
2.9%

Temps Française: 0/8 des heures

0%
0%

Props to you for starting up!

I'm going for three goals in the challenge that has just started up, and for some people they are super simple and for some they would be super hard. I think the key is just jumping in and having a go with a (manageable) challenge, especially given everything that you have going on.  The plus side is that there is an inbuilt support network if you do decide to take part in the 6WC :)

Good luck!

Level 1 Grey Elf Adventurer    STR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4.5|CHA 2.5

Current Challenge    Previous Challenges one

Eating 2 meals a day

67%
67%

walking 10,000 steps a day

45%
45%

working out daily

14%
14%

to do ticks

50%
50%

Hi to you both! Well at the place I'm staying everyone fends for themselves. There are no "meals" most people just buy themselves fast food and sit in their room. I'm afraid to touch most things because they aren't mine haha.

I actually posted a 6WC in the recruit section titled "'Bedhead Queen' Issue No.1" if you'd like to check it out. I'm starting with a few things I have a lot of problems with. I'll also be posting an update once I get back from some karaoke.

Lv.0 Superhero