Forums are back in action! ×

Hi there... WARNING: Long Post

What if I told you this was my second time trying to write this post? Haha, just a bit of anxiety. 

Hello, I'm Bouncer. A name that I go by that seems to equal to more consistency in my life, a name that my mother actually with a lot of love gave me for a camp name for the summer of 2014 - based off of my lovely scary stone face when I get defensive or thinking heavily (from my father's side).

When I found this site I was actually shouting to the universe for a game or an app that could help me a bit more with life that isn't heavily based off of using the internet every minute (no fancy phone or home internet for me- a neighbor has been letting me borrow his wifi the past couple months).  Well I ended up finding one of Steve's posts on "making exercise fun", wasn't too impressed on his ideas with that post (because I knew what would make it fun I just haven't been able to make a habit out of it). This site though seemed to be my answer though when I entered my email, what I thought was going to be a  depressing "pay up or leave site", ended up being a "hi there let's get started emails" and "here's our huge forum base with a challenge''. Exactly what I was looking for, similar to another fitness site but I didn't feel it was very versatile compared to all the ideas you can get here. 

So yeah, pretty much my entire teen hood was trying to get fit, that ended up me yo-yoing to heavier weaight (hit up  to 252 lbs with my tall stature of 5'11).Looking back though I was dealing with stress and burdens that most kids my age didn't even know about (or try to understand). So going to comfort food and long gaming hours with MMORPGs and Sims in some ways was better then other more expensive recreational activities that have a harsher impact. 

So my main goals right  now along with losing weight and gaining fitness, is gaining confidence with my body (my best body I had was after a Kayak trip when I was 13, but because of issues happening in my life I remember it being the year I felt the worse.) So perking up my smile, and feeling good in whole will make everything fall into better place. 

Actions I've already taken: slapped a pedometer on (started the day before I found this site), taken Steve's daily quests through daily e-mails seriously (walking daily, picking a healthy diet habit, and starting to strength train today), which has all lead me to go toward the Paelo Diet (or I say "different way of eating"). Right now I've taken anything wheat or flour out of my diet mainly because of the price (on food stamps at the moment). I'm keeping dairy right now mainly for yogurt (easy food to get access to when I physically need quick food), along with keeping Kool-aid around for only water out of the sink (trying to get a taste for it...). Along with self confidence to try to smile at three people a day (eye contact a bonus point), since enough studies show even fake smiling with lift a persons mood better then not trying to smile. Next to every angel in my life says "smile, you should always smile, because its such a nice smile". (In some ways I could take over the world, but it will be easier if I start smiling all the time). 

Urgh such a long post didn't cover most of anything. Well I guess that's where my challenge forum and daily forum comes in. Thanks for stopping buy, now to do my first strength training before posting my avatar (freshly showered pic seems like a good idea). 

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp