Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there, my name is Sam. I am 21 years young and my trigger for getting into shape was my sister who started dieting herself and was successful.

I'm 5'2 and 135 lbs so I'm not particulary overweight, but I am not happy with my body. I decided to get into shape because I was tired of laying around all day in bed. I've never EVER been one to consider myself an athlete or anything of the sort, but I decided that if I wanted to be  healthy for the rest of life, I needed to get my act together.

I'm currently about to begin my senior year of college and I wanted to improve myself and take care of my body for when I decide to start my family. My last few years in college did nothing to better my health as I developed the bad habit of eating out twice a day and entirely skipping breakfast. Suffice to say that I fell victim to the freshman 15.

My eating habits got so out of hand that they have rubbed off on my family. I also stand to inherit certain family illnesses, thus making me more susceptible to a multitude of other diseases. However, I refuse to let myself become so weak because of my own decisions. That cannot be my legacy.

It is for this reason that I have taken it upon myself to improve my life, not just for me but for my family as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I wish everyone on NF the best of luck on their own missions!