Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone! My name for all internet purposes is LGbearclaw. I am 6'1"  and weigh 186lb. I've been with Nerd Fitness for about a month but unfortunately I have made little progress. I am not giving up but unfortunately for me the game changed about two and a half weeks ago. 

I woke up one day and realized that half my face couldn't move. I ended up going to the ER where they told me i have Bell's palsy, a fancy way of saying they really have now idea. They gave me some drugs and that was that. Then last Thursday I realized that the other part of my face was starting to not move as well. I went back to the ER where they ran a bunch of tests on me including an MRI and a Spinal tap. 

They kept me in for a few days to make sure that the paralysis didn't spread to my heart and for a few of the tests to come back.  As of right now they are saying that it is probably Lyme disease. In order for me to go home but still get the antibiotics I need they stuck in a Midline. It's a giant needle that goes through most of my bicep. The doctor told me that because of this I am not allowed to work out. The place it was inserted needs to stay cool and dry so I can avoid infection. 

I know now that I need to put all my focus on my diet. I've already completed my first dietary goal in cutting out my liquid calories. However I don't know where to go next. I know that I should take small steps to build good habits but I feel like if I don't change soon I'll be backsliding a lot. 

TL:DR I might have Lyme Disease. The doctors gave me a fancy IV to let me get my meds at home. Because I have it I am not allowed to work out I need help figuring out a plan for my diet. 

Thank you for reading!