Forums are back in action! ×

Whats the best option?

Such a steep price, ouch!

OT I know but I think this thread illustrates a difference I didn't know existed between the UK and the US. You think $50 a month is steep? Here in the UK it's not uncommon at all to pay upwards of £45 a month ($70+) for a decent gym membership. Much more for the top-end ones.

@Ryan, Not yet, I need to get in shape a bit more before I jump into crossfit. It is going to kick my ass but I'd rather it kick my ass a little less.

@m00se, There was a higher end gym I was lookin at that was $73 a month. By higher end I mean it was 3 or 4 stories, couches everywhere (there was seriously a couch in the weight room...), a sauna, rock climbing wall that went up all 3/4 stories and tons more. The problem here, that I'm not sure is as common in the UK is that to get anything less than 80-100 bucks a month, you have to sign a contract for a year or half a year usually. Also, they will smack you with awful sign up fees (some places around $200), and first and last months payment, and a yearly fee. If I'm not mistaken, I think here in America we are just better at making the per month sound better, when in actuality they find many other ways to get your money. Or maybe that happens in the UK too, I don't know.