Forums are back in action! ×

A wild... me... appeared?

Yeah, I was that desperate to start with a game references.

Hey, you never get a second chance at a first impression, right?

I'm Alexandra. Alex. Either. I guess it depends on how many other Alex's are around and whether or not they're willing to use a nickname. I digress. I'm a nineteen year old college student. I'm studying Computer Science and Physics. I play plenty of video games. I sit a lot.

Chubbiness runs in my family. I've been overweight since fourth grade. I went to a "weight loss and fitness" camp when I was fourteen. I lost twenty two pounds and was still overweight. Guess what? I'm right back where I was before I went to camp. Thanks, college.

Well, this site just might be my special place. Mixing my natural nerdiness with my natural weight-y-ness? Sounds like a recipe for the legen-

Wait for it.

DARY.

Stoked to be here, y'all :]

I'm definitely digging the idea of jumping into strength training right away. My boyfriend is a Navy man, so he's there to help ease me in to the World of Free Weights. Besides, I hate running. Other than that, I think I might get my (indoor and overweigh) cat a harness and take him for walks in the morning! What do you do (or what are you planning to do)?

Right now I'm working on the 100 push ups, 200 sit ups, and 200 squats work outs while lots of walking. Once I reach those I will look into a heavy lifting for power/explosiveness and start the Couch to 5k program (just so I can say I did a 5k). I also am on day seven of trying the Paleo/Primitive/whateveryouwanttocalleatingthingsthatcomefromplantsorhaveafaceandamother diet.

Ready to punch non fitness in the face! Go facepunch! Glad to have you here.

Do you have any specific goals or injuries? What about anything that would prevent you from eating certain things (current diet, preferences, allergies)?

IE: I want to loose 15 lbs of fat in the next two months. What should I eat and how should I move to do that?

IE: I am lactose intollerant, if I'm trying to build weight though weightlifting, what can I eat for post recovery?

This helps to guage what you want to do and how to achieve it.

Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I feel so supported already :]

Atalan, I looked at the Couch Potato to 5k a year or two ago. Can't say I ever progressed through it, but I like that idea a lot. And 100 push ups seems tremendous to me. My goal right now is to be able to do five (not on my knees).

ebm1224, There is a campus gym but it's open strange hours. They close it for Weight Lifting class... Hey! Maybe I'll take that one of these terms. Currently, I have a YMCA membership and I'm thinking about switching to a smaller gym that is closer to my apartment. And cheaper.

Ryan, I'm still working on specific goals. I think my goal to create goals will be by tonight, haha. The only restrictions I have are food preferences and money. As a general rule, I haven't eaten red meat since I was thirteen. I love poultry and seafood, but I usually can't afford wild fish or locally raised chickens. I'm huge on food politics, so I feel like a bit of a hypocrite almost. I'm considering getting a part time job just to improve the quality of my eating.