Forums are back in action! ×

I reached for the hammer...

But the hammer would not budge. At that moment, I realized: I'm no longer worthy.

Fine, then. Let someone else wield Mjolnir for now. I'll carry Jarnbjorn.

b80b8c777075e0b32b9f53bba2be1979.jpg

I can't lie. It's been a rough patch. I'm not going to spend my time on the "why." Not this time. Instead, let's worry about the "what," as in "what's next?" "What was the failure point last time?" "What will we do differently this time?"

I tell you what. I'm going on a weekend vacation, then I'm going to war. See you Monday.

• Like 7

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

I'm back! After a long, fun, exhausting weekend, I'm back at my seat of power, and my battle has begun. I'm logging my noms, drinking my water, and tomorrow morning, I'll be lifting the heavy things. Yoga and running will be fully integrated within the week. I'm going to war! WHO'S WITH ME?!

• Like 1

Loss As A Motivator

We're all with you.

prepare-yourself-for-war.jpg

I cannot express how much this community means to me, or how much I love that pic! As of this writing, I haven't worked out yet, and my eating choices haven't all been incredible, but I hit my water goal of 3 liters today, I've logged all of my food and drinks, and I've spent more time than usual on my studies, although I've got more to do tonight. In all, I'm giving today a solid B.

Loss As A Motivator

Thursday update! (It's still Thursday here for 8 more minutes) I just got home from the gym. This is a big win for me, because for two days in a row, I've denied my inner blerch and gone to the gym after work, since I didn't in the morning. My reasoning for skipping in the morning is that since I've been sick with a warm weather cold, I didn't want to go to a packed gym and start the zombie plague. That excuse doesn't work late at night, so I went. Winning!

Loss As A Motivator

Good work!  Fight the Blerch...he's creepy, anyway.  Keep at it and you'll win the war.  One battle at a time.  :)

Also, if you should happen to start the Zombie Plague, I promise to put you down quickly.  lol.  Headshots ftw.  :mask:

-Kinger

I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will be confused.

One: "Si vis pacem, para bellum."  If you want peace, prepare for war. 

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.

Good work!  Fight the Blerch...he's creepy, anyway.  Keep at it and you'll win the war.  One battle at a time.  :)

Also, if you should happen to start the Zombie Plague, I promise to put you down quickly.  lol.  Headshots ftw.  :mask:

Thanks for that! I'm more of a melee guy, myself. I like to get messy.

I checked out for a while. Is normal. Things overall are good on this end. My dad, who just got a stem cell transplant a couple of weeks ago, is doing better every day. His fire has returned, and apparently he's giving the nurses on his floor the business. The tenderheart in me wants to admonish him for it, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't make me smile to know he's fighting. That's what we do.

This week has been good for strength training, not great for running, and yoga's not even on the menu yet. See? This is why I'm auditing this challenge! I believe the problem is a lack of routines, so that's what I'm working on. For this and the next challenge, I'm auditing to work on putting routines in place in my life. We'll see how that goes.

In other news, I've put my CompTIA Security+ test on hold for the time being. I've got too many irons in the fire, and I haven't been committed to the study materials in the way I needed, so I'm taking the time to prepare a bit better and knock it out of the park.  

Okay, that's it for now. I'll be back tomorrow, I think. 

Armor up.

• Like 1

Loss As A Motivator

Great news! My dad, who was diagnosed with Leukemia and received a stem cell transplant, is doing insanely well on his treatment! In fact, the old man will be out of the hospital and into the on-campus apartments very very soon. By November, he should be home. Just typing this makes me want to go lift heavy things, but that's what I'm doing tomorrow, so tonight after work, I'm going for a run!

• Like 3

Loss As A Motivator

Today is good so far. I'm rededicating myself to eating more primally, and getting things done before I let myself play games today. Tonight's dinner will be spaghetti squash with meat sauce and a salad. One battle at a time, friends.

Loss As A Motivator

So, here's a mini win: I just realized that I've tracked all of my food and drinks for 7 consecutive days! It's a tiny thing, and I don't like all of the things that I see on those logs, but I was honest about my food. Next step: calorie/macro calculations for better perspective.

Loss As A Motivator

Today I'm writing from a place of confidence and power! I'm looking around, and I see wins at every turn! I'm on my 9th consecutive day of food/drink tracking, on track to hit my 5th consecutive day of making my water goal (3L daily, per the academy), I'm typing this from a clean, useful, well-organized workspace, and I know that, although I haven't worked out yet today, I'll hit my workout before I go to sleep. No doubt in my mind. We're winning the war, rebels, one battle at a time!

• Like 1

Loss As A Motivator

Somehow I forgot to follow this thread. Good to read the news about your dad!

Thanks! We're all very excited to see Dad doing well. I'm actually going to go spend a weekend with him at the end of the month. Good stuff all around.

Loss As A Motivator

I'm going to continue all of this in the upcoming challenge, in which I will be trying again to participate for the duration. One of my greatest challenges is that my days are unfocused and directionless. Honestly, most of the time, I don't know how I got from point A to point B. My habits rule my life. That's something I'll be looking to change in a hurry.

Loss As A Motivator