Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Pittsburgh

Hello! And welcome to my first post. Have been reading/lurking for some time, figured it was time to join the fray.

So the wife and I have been working out without fail since Oct 1st 2010. We've missed 3 workouts between us due to sickness, me two her one, and we take a week off every sixth week. When we started I'd just gotten out of the hospital for migraine related issues and weighed 133. We lift 3 days a week, generally a modified starting strength/stronglifts sort of workout.

Thus far I've gained 15 pounds while going from ~15% BF to around 7%, and my wife has lost about 55 pounds. When we started my wife couldn't do a full squat with her body weight, as of August she could squat 260lbs through full range, and DL 325. I am very proud of her progress thus far, beginner gains or not.

Currently I'm still trying to gain weight, I know my problem is calorie intake, so that's what I'm addressing. I also have a weighted pull up bet going with my dad, but I'll leave that for another post. Thanks for reading.

Squats are the bacon of fitness, they make everything better. - CoreyD

Welcome to the nerd trolley. You don't get to 325DL with newbie gains. You both seem dedicated and well on your way to your goals. As you get there enjoy the road and the interaction with nerdy fellow travelers. If you guessed from my avatar that I'm kind of a meathead, you would be right. Good to meet you.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Greetings! Always good to have another yinzer on the boards. We would love to hear more about you and your wife's routines.

Facebook | Twitter | Blog |

"What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Toby: It's going to be hard.
Josh: Then we'll do what's hard.
- The West Wing

"A good lawyer sees trouble coming from around the corner."
-Professor Tom Ross