Forums are back in action! ×

Need to get BACK into shape

Hey everyone!

Been looking around this site for a little bit now, and I thought I'd start posting :D

I used to be in really good shape but then I started going to school part-time and working full-time. In the past two years I think I put on around 45 lbs, and for a little bit I couldn't go up the stairs without feeling winded. At the height of my weight-gain I was sitting around 210-215. But, since I quit my job and decided to go to school full-time, and I started to work out again. I'm back down around 190, and would still like to lose another 15 lbs. while gaining muscle.

Some of my goals:

Run a 5k in under 19 min.

Hit 15 outboard pull-ups

Bring my bench over 200 lbs.

Squat to live and live to squat

Start doing kettlebells again

Run the tough mudder for time

And return to martial arts after an 8 year hiatus

I'm pretty damn far from hitting these goals, but hopefully I'll get there in time

A little bit about me, I love videogames (far cry 4, skyrim, WOW, EVE, SWTOR, ect.), beer, hiking, and pizza. I'm in lawl school, which saps my life away on a daily basis (but apparently I'm a masochist because I love it). Anything else feel free to pm me!

• Like 1

"Рон, мÑтежный, проÑит бури, kак будто в бурÑÑ… еÑÑ‚ÑŒ покой!" - Mikhail Lermontov

Welcome to the rebellion. With all your varied interests, you sound like perfect Ranger materiel to me. You have very specific, defined goals and that is a big part of getting started. We are in week 2 of the current six week challenge, why not head over to the recruit section and start a challenge thread?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hey there fellow Capsuleer!  Welcome to the Rebellion.  I'm sure you'll acheive your goals.  :)

As someone told me over in the Martial Arts forums, if you want to do it...jump in and do it.  I'm taking my first TKD class next Tuesday.  Find something you dig and just do it!

If you ever want to fly through EVE together, lemme know.  My main is Malfurioun.  Feel free to add me.  Though, I'm still a novice at that game...been skilling forever, but not piloting combat very much.  :saturn:   I also play WoW and FFXIV.

-Kinger

I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will be confused.

One: "Si vis pacem, para bellum."  If you want peace, prepare for war. 

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.