Forums are back in action! ×

Hailing from the swampy, flat-lands of NE FL, USA

Hello and good morning, noon or night depending on where you are! Just wanted to introduce myself. You can call me Auntie, I am a stay at home mother of two. I volunteer for a local animal agency as well as Best Friends Animal Society as an community outreach volunteer for when they host events locally. As for interests besides the cuddly animals, I love all sorts of games, online, offline, old school Atari and SNES! I love to read, including Manga, and watch Anime. I love horror, comedy, sci-fi and action! Once I get myself into a better situation I'll eventually be going back to school. I have RN and Case Worker in mind but I can't decide between the two.

I've recently started going to the gym again and so far it has been good (not great, amazing or fantastic because I am having to readjust again). I've had to undergo a big attitude adjustment because this time I can't fall off the mount again (have you ever fell off a flying dragon mount!? j/k). Thankfully I have not had any health issues, everything has checked out normal and I don't want to risk it taking a turn so I am changing myself before my current state of fitness changes it. I have an amazing supportive husband and two amazing kids to live with.

I am going on to 27 this September and being in my current state of physical being I feel like my life is half over when I shouldn't feel that way. I still have a lot of living yet to do and the walls of a hospital shouldn't be where I am living my life at. I've learned to stop being the "oh I wish I had a body like her!" girl because I realized even those women may wish they were more curvy/less curvy like someone else. We all carry our weight and struggles differently and it is up to us to figure out what what we can change and what we can't.

Well I seem to be rambling so I will just cut it at that. :)

• Like 1

"If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail."

Welcome to the rebellion. For career goals, I recommend RN because there are plenty of social work type positions for them but no medical positions for case workers, also RN's make way more money. Eating well and working out are what is going to help you get your weight under control. What plans do you have to do that?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks ItBegins! I noticed even some of the men digging into the womens' section offering advice lol! Advice from the wife/girlfriend or family member most likely :D

Tanktimus so far I am trying to stay with easy stuff. From what I read of Steve's mailing list email is to start out small. I started off with exercising more. In 2-3 weeks my daughter goes back to school so being physical is a must because we live less than a mile from school, we have to walk there. We only have one car which goes with my husband to work unless the weather is bad. I have to exercise to get used to walking over a over walk with 4 flights of stairs again (if I don't take the ramp). For the past month I have already started getting off fast food and eating more veggie loaded meals as well as stopping soda. I do need to up my protein intake. As for career goals I thought about case worker for children because there is such an overload of cases, many children down here in Florida go missing and whatnot because workers literally are picking and choosing who is the worse off (it sounds so crappy saying it like that!). My neighbor works in foster services as a case manager and she is what helped me choose that as an option, not to mention I have always done well with psychological information I guess I could say. As for RN, eventually we'll be moving and if we go where we want to go RN's definitely make killer money there. I would love to be a nurse, I just need to study more for the entrance exam. Chemistry is not my strong suit!

• Like 1

"If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail."