Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from the Great White North!

Hello everyone! I am just starting out here, looking to lose some inches and some negativity as well. Not really sure what to say up front here, but I am sure my story will grow as my successes come.

Accountability is big and this is right up my alley, as I am pretty nerdy (as you can tell from my name and profile pic). I will be posting regular updates, so please follow my story!

Aquaman for DC, Thor for Marvel (yes, you can love both).

Love everything Star Wars, even the prequels, Star Trek, DS9 is my fave, and of course LOTR... would love to learn Tolkien Elvish.

Avid player of Magic: The Gathering as well!

My wife will be joining in as well, she will be coming on board in the next couple of days, so together we hope to make ourselves fitter and healthier.

Not just for ourselves, but for each other and our 3 kids aka the "nerds-in-training"!

Stay tuned!!!

AC

• Like 1

There's an ancient wisdom I should have heeded long ago. If only I had recgnized its truth applies as much to me as to all men. True happiness is found along a middle road; there lies the balance and the harmony, with reason and emotion not at war but hand in hand.

My Battle Log

Hello and be welcomed! It's awesome that your into so many cool things I was a big Magic player back in the day myself. I think it's great that your goals include setting a good example for your younglings, and any man brave enough to profess a love for Aquaman will have the strength to do anything. Good luck on your journey!

• Like 2
Be excellent to each other.

I always wanted to understand magic the gathering but no one i know plays it...

There is a great way to learn online, called Duels Origins that will teach you the game really easily. Thanks for the greets guys!

AC

• Like 2

There's an ancient wisdom I should have heeded long ago. If only I had recgnized its truth applies as much to me as to all men. True happiness is found along a middle road; there lies the balance and the harmony, with reason and emotion not at war but hand in hand.

My Battle Log

Hey Arthur!

Duels is how my husband is teaching me to play Magic! So far I'm really enjoying it, mainly because I kicked his a** with the Kiora deck both times we played.

It's awesome that your wife is joining up too.. I wish I could get my husband interested in the rebellion... but there is still time. 

Whole30 - 30 days down 0 to go...

100%
100%

You know the first rule of combat? Shoot them before they shoot you. - Faye Valentine

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/70883-six-week-challenge-round-1-ready-fight/

Link to my blog for day to day rambling: http://melsuarez79.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the rebellion. What are some of your fitness goals?

Well, short version... I am 44 years old, I weigh 242 lbs (at 5'9"), want to cut about 60 pounds minimum, I also want to start eating healthy as my diet right now is atrocious. I would also like to get better sleep as I am finding out through my Fitbit that my sleep patterns are horrible as well. 3 kids under 10 may have something to do with that, but I seldom have a full nights sleep even when they don't interrupt it. I also want to cut down on my TV watching as I know I have better things to do with my time. Will be posting a log in the appropriate section soon outlining my goals. Thanks for asking!!!!

AC

My Battle Log

Hey Arthur!

Duels is how my husband is teaching me to play Magic! So far I'm really enjoying it, mainly because I kicked his a** with the Kiora deck both times we played.

It's awesome that your wife is joining up too.. I wish I could get my husband interested in the rebellion... but there is still time. 

Kiora is a beast in the right situation... Nothing like 9/9 Krakens to get the game over quick! I am sure your husband will get on board, this is too cool not to!!!

AC

• Like 1

My Battle Log

How far north is far north? Looking forward to see your progress!

For those not in the know, Great White North means Canada and I am northwest of Toronto, Ontario. I will keep you guys updated for sure! Goals incoming on the weekend!

AC

• Like 1

My Battle Log

So, first point of accountability!!!! Here is my battle log where I will be posting from now on.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69815-time-and-tide-arthur-currys-daily-log/

Please check it out and also don't forget to say hi to my wife!!!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69816-we-the-north/

AC

My Battle Log