Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everybody,

Greetings from the sunny, but cold north, aka Copenhagen, Denmark.  This snow leopard has travelled far and wide to find you to ask for help, advise and maybe the one or other cold drink and campfire story.

Currently, I am in a semi-good shape. 103kg at 176cm currently. Four years ago, it was worse at roughly 118kg, a time where I got some professionel help in a gym and shed around 20kg of weight down to 98kg. Turns out that just loosing weight does not change your life and doing sports just to see a number on the scale shrink does not make you happy. So i stopped doing that and while holding my weight, I set out to find sense in my life, which lead me to travel from Germany to Denmark.

Here i decided: "Every snow leopard is supposed to climb. So be the cat you are and go up there". That was 2 years ago and the trip ended with someone having to pick the frightened cat from the wall (okay, in reality a very firm "let go" did the trick). Now I am back and am actively bouldering and climbing since last fall. I started small with bouldering once a week and had my great success on a longer stay in Germany with 3 months of climbing/bouldering 2-3 times a week (and the last 6 weeks actually more than 3 times on average). I feel great, i have got a lot of muscle mass and feel more active and healthy.

However, this pesky scale just mocks me by showing no progression. Also i feel that i hit a plateau and I am currently thinking about going back to strength exercises - at least, now I have a reason to do them, many reasons, like 20 routes in the hall that I still have to climb up! So i am deciding to do some squats, planks and inverted rows. My current 6 week challenge (which for me started 2.5 weeks ago) is about actually loosing 5kg weight, but well, for now no success. Also, I am now back in Denmark and the addition of cycling 20km a day to work and back just kills me. I did not need a nap after sports in a long time, but currently...well i guess this is a dragon i have to slay.

Thats it for now!

Ulfgard the level 1 Khajiit
Current Challenge

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. - Terry Pratchett

Welcome to the rebellion. You certainly sound active enough. I suggest you take a look at your eating habits. If you are active and not where you want to be weight-wise, then it is likely you are still taking in too many calories.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to my introduction thread!

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, you are right, I am still eating a bit too much at the moment.  I am going to change that slowly.

I like the idea of a tank as encouragement. Kind of gives you a reason to run faster!

• Like 1
Ulfgard the level 1 Khajiit
Current Challenge

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. - Terry Pratchett