Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone! My name is Paul. I'm 25 years old though I feel like I'm respawning back to when I was about 18 or so. I'm heading back to college for a second degree and feel like this is my chance to do it all right this time around. For the past two years I've been working a job I hate and I'm finally leaving (YAY!). With this fresh start I want to get back on the figurative horse but this time with a support system.

For the last year or more my relationship with working out has been on and off. I'll usually commit for about 2 to 3 months before I start plateauing a bit or getting bored with the routine. I end up having a month or so off before I feel bad and start back up. Hopefully using the forum will help keep me motivated this time around.

I'm about 145 lbs, 6 ft tall soooo ideally I want to put on muscle. But I also want to put focus on my cardiovascular health since my heart rate and lung capacity have been average at the best of times. I've mainly done body weight workouts up to now but I'll finally have access to a gym at the end of the month (So excited but so nervous!). Also I'm vegetarian (about 2 1/2 years), but I plan on reintroducing some seafood to my diet soon, possibly poultry after that.

I'm excited for this next year and I hope reaching out this time will help keep me on track. I would love to start doing obstacle course races and 5ks in my spare time. My big goals are to one day go to San Francisco to do the Alcatraz swim and to Tanzania to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. If your ever want to nerd out about movies, I'm your guy. I enjoy all genres, but I especially love a good action film. Also I'm up to date with the MCU  :playful:

Welcome to the rebellion. If you have been reading Steve's blog you know the trick to gaining muscle is to eat and lift heavy. If you are a vegetarian it's time to go nuts. Literally, eating more nuts is a great way to get the protein you need for clean gains.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hey Paul! Welcome to the rebellion buddy! Second degree...that's a rough one in itself! Good luck man!

First 6 Week Challenge

Progress to weight loss goal (Lose 20 pounds):

15%
00CCFF; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">15%