Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations!

Hail, fellow revolutionaries!

My name is Adrian, and I'm a bard!

Being a bard is all well and good, but I decided that it's time for a bit of an image shift.

For about 3 years now I've been "that Michael Jackson kid" among those who know and know of me, due to having stupendously long hair, and my dancing skills (apparently, I'm awesome). This was fun, until I started growing a beer belly, and people started forgetting my actual name.

So I chopped off my hair (it's going to charity), and i've decided, as of 2012, to start the Paleo diet, and start working out again. My motivation for working out used to be wrestling, I was on my high school team, but after dislocating my shoulder, I stopped most activity. BTW, the shoulder is a bit of a concern of mine whenever working out, so any ideas as to how to work around that would be stellar!

So now, I'm gonna become badass, and I'm gonna work towards 100% paleo diet. Referring to the "What is your profession?" article, I'm technically ex-monk, but I want back in once my shoulder stops derping, pick up some assassin levels and some ranger levels, then find myself a prestige class I like.

Yes, I'm a D&D nerd. Come at me, bro.

Anyways, I hope to contribute often.

Henshin!

Adrian

Wassup Adrian. Welcome to the nerd frigate... I wish I had the coordination to be able to dance, although I was able to learn to moonwalk (fwd, backward and sideways), top rock and do some other stuff from from youtube videos. Anyhow, you seem to be an interesting addition to the community. Look fwd to reading about your journey and if you have any tips for overcoming "white and nerdy" disease I'm all ears.

Peace!

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Welcome Badass, Bards have always been underappreciated. I dislocated my shoulder years ago and I've had problems with it ever since. A few months ago I started swinging a sledgehammer around which built up the muscles around it without stressing it. Now It's near 100%, except I won't do an overhead press with heavy weights. Dark cloud to the silver lining, I can no longer tell when it's going to rain. A friend had good luck with resistance band PT.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I was just wandering around wondering if there were any other bards and thinking about starting a discussion for us bardic types. I'm also a dancer, but Middle Eastern, and I sing and play several instruments. I've been thinking about adding Forza (the samaurai workout) because it looks cool and adds in a sword element.

Really, I think bards are a type of ranger in that they tend to be well-rounded and carry swords and often bows.

Man, responses are EPIC

ETFned, "white and nerdy" disease is a lie. Bill Gates is heavily afflicted by white and nerdy, but he's one of the most powerful men on the planet, and handles himself well in social settings. The former relies on you finding your prestige class, and then pwning it heavily (living life like a bawss). The latter comes from practice. If you find you're awkward among strangers, wean yourself onto non-friends. Go with people you know to things to help you find common ground with people (I'm stupid awkward around strangers, until I find a point of common interest).

Sloth-like, swinging a sledgehammer? That sounds RIDICULOUS and awesome. Was it part of a workout, or job related? Details!

IndigoBanshee, I'm checking out the forza workout, it sounds interesting. But getting involved with any martial art will force you to do a workout. Sword-based styles (such as kendo or haidong gumdo) will give you hella ripped arms, and legs as well (footwork is key).

Hey Adrian, swinging the sledgehammer is totally workout related. I stumbled upon the Shovelglove workout after I was dissatisfied with the results I was getting from weight machines and started searching for functional fitness workouts. It really strengthened my back and shoulders (both formerly gimpy problem areas for me) and carved some fat off of my carcass. Now that I'm stronger I'm spending more time at the gym lifting weights and swinging kettlebells, but still do it on my light days. If you're interested, check out Shovelglove or paleo Shovelglove.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

i know nothing really of D&D style except for my playing of Baldurs Gate(s). I loathed the bard for his apparent uselessness, till he learned how to charm and backstab. Then he was the BOMB.

As i'm sure you are.

Good to have you join us, a worthY member to the ranks. Join a guild or this challenge and get crackin!

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger