Forums are back in action! ×

Hello my name is Alethe. I am a mom, artist, and educator. I love all things fantasy, comic books, gaming, art, punk, traveling, cooking, and eating. I am trying to find my way as far as fitness is concerned. 

I just turned 41 and I’m pretty wimpy.  My second child was born 2 years ago and I’m still working on losing the baby weight. During my pregnancy I was on bed rest for 6 months, since have had some problems with my knees, ankles, and feet, and I really haven’t put the work in to recover. 

Prior to my recent pregnancy I would say I was somewhat in shape. I was running regularly and doing some light lifting. Some yoga. I’d really like to blow past where I left off. It is time for me to put some hard work in so I have the strength and stamina I need as an older mom, so I look great in superhero costumes, and so I can fit into all that clothing I have in storage.

I’m feeling a bit intimidated by Nerd Fitness but I am trying not to let that slow me down. So much to read… so many badass people…  I guess I am just supposed to jump in and with some work end up badass as well? Figure it out as I go along? I am going to go with that.

Alethe

Gnome, Level 0 

“It was, after all, a time for heroes and all sorts of marvelous things to occur.†  -Robin Hobb, Assassin's Quest

Why not head over to the recruit section of the six week challenge. Tomorrow starts week three, so you can jump in now or if you want wait till the next challenge. Either way it's a great way to figure out the site a little more.

Welcome to the rebellion.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the Rebellion!  I'll let you in on a secret...you're already badass.  You're just here to express how badass and bring it fully out into the light.  :D

Folks here are great...encouraging, helpful, and super friendly.  Don't be intimidated, ask for help with your goals, and enjoy the journey.  It can be information overload at first, but once you trim it down to what you feel comfortable using it'll all start to fall into place.  

Good luck!

• Like 1

-Kinger

I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will be confused.

One: "Si vis pacem, para bellum."  If you want peace, prepare for war. 

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.

Thanks for the welcome, Tanktimus! I am going to get in on the next challenge.  :peaceful:

Kinger, thank you for the welcome and the encouragement. I AM a badass! I told myself that while I was on my run tonight and it really helped get me through some rough bits. :pride:  See you around!

• Like 1

Alethe

Gnome, Level 0 

“It was, after all, a time for heroes and all sorts of marvelous things to occur.†  -Robin Hobb, Assassin's Quest