Forums are back in action! ×

Why did I decide to joing the Nerd Fitness Rebellion?

So far it has been my best experience with working toward my goals of losing weight and looking better.

The reason as to why I am trying to lose weight and look better is a fairly simple reason. Things like diabetes and other weight related diseases run in my family. My grandfather had it, my dad has it, I don't want to be the next one in my family to be striken with a very managable disease. I still have a chance that I can get it even if I lose weight and work out, but I feel like if I can manage my weight and my health, I will be able to keep tabs on this genetic health problem. Here's to avoiding diabetes.

Another reason which is a bit more shallow but probably is an even better motivator for me is I want to look good. I don't want to be the pudgy guy anymore (6'2", 215lbs). I want to have a set of muscles I can be proud of. My goal is to get down to 15% body fat in the next year. I am currently around 25%. I plan on accomplishing this by a psuedo-paleo diet and a body-weight regiment 3 days a week and some kind of acitivity (biking, tennis, walking, etc.) another 3 days of the week. I will allow myself 1 cheat day a week to have a bit of grain (God knows I love beer >_< ), that way I will be able to stay on track with my goals and not fall back into bad eating habits.

My name is Dean, and I am a soon to be Ranger in training.

Thanks and I look forward to being a part of this community.

Hey Dean! Welcome to the Rebellion man! I too struggle with being able to completely give up alcohol. I tend to have a couple shots of Jack Daniels a week--not in the past week, but usually. lol.

First 6 Week Challenge

Progress to weight loss goal (Lose 20 pounds):

15%
00CCFF; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">15%

Welcome. Always glad to see a future ranger! It sounds like you have a good plan. Why not head over to the recruit section of the challenge threads to see if you want to jump in to the current challenge. We just started week 3, so if you want to wait till next time that's fine, but check it out now so you know what to expect.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome. Always glad to see a future ranger! It sounds like you have a good plan. Why not head over to the recruit section of the challenge threads to see if you want to jump in to the current challenge. We just started week 3, so if you want to wait till next time that's fine, but check it out now so you know what to expect.

Will do, thanks!

Another reason which is a bit more shallow but probably is an even better motivator for me is I want to look good.

I think many of us here feel you.

The thing is that ppl around you will notice if you arent happy with yourself or don't respect yourself. Some might even use it. Thus wanting to look better I think isn't a bad goal at all. First and foremost you must be happy with yourself and love the way you look. This will be portrayed to ppl around you too.

Weightloss Goal

65%
65%