Forums are back in action! ×

I've been lurking here for a couple of days and decided to join, this seems like a cool place - and I'm a role player in real life so the RPG aspect obviously appeals to me ;)

I live a pretty sedentary life, being a software engineer with hobbies that involve even more sitting down, so recently I decided to do something about the fact that my general fitness is that of a wet slice of toast. I joined a gym and started lifting weights, and I've also started the Couch to 5K programme. I want to be able to run a 5K in the spring, and to go kayaking again (which I haven't done in ages, but I'd love to go again) without ending up dead in the water because I can't paddle any further! 

That's it for now :)

• Like 1

STR 3 | STA 3 | DEX 2 | CON 0 | CHA 1 | WIS 1

Level 1 Dwarf Warrior - current challenge

Welcome to the rebellion! We are about halfway through the current six week challenge. Why not head over to the recruit section so you can see what the rpg stuff is all about and decide if you want to jump into the current one or wait till the next one starts. Strength training plus C25K is a great way to get started, all you need now is consistency.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hello and welcome! 

I know how it feels when your hobbies and work tend to involve being fused to a chair in some way.  Finding balance between that and actually being active can be a challenge.  Leveling up in the real world can be just as satisfying, though.  :)  It never hurts to incentivise things, either.  Pick out some milestones and maybe assign rewards that relate to your other hobbies.  Hit a weight training milestone?  Invest in a sweet new title or piece of gear.  Do major and minor rewards.  The next major goal I hit I'm buying a PS4, next minor one I'm gonna buy some AUR in EVE and buy SKINS for a couple of my favorite ships.  Hehe.

Good luck to you!

• Like 1

-Kinger

I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will be confused.

One: "Si vis pacem, para bellum."  If you want peace, prepare for war. 

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.

Thanks! I'll check out the challenge then - I didn't realise I could still join because it had started a while ago, so I was just going to wait until the next one started, but if that's possible I might still jump in.

Rewards sound like a good idea - I should maybe make a list of things I can use as rewards (games off my wishlist sound like a pretty good idea for example). 

STR 3 | STA 3 | DEX 2 | CON 0 | CHA 1 | WIS 1

Level 1 Dwarf Warrior - current challenge