Forums are back in action! ×

My DOG is more disciplined!

So, two days into my first challenge I disappeared off the face of the earth. Nothing changed for me. That was in June, I think.

About a week ago, I decided that I was going to train my dog. Poochie is already extremely athletic and a very good girl; I am unbelievably (probably too...) proud of her already, but I want to be able to take her places and have always fantasized about having her be one of those hospital visit dogs, as she somehow knows whatever is wrong with someone (got a headache? She'll lay next to your face. Coughing? She'll sit on your chest. Boo-boos of all sorts? Prepare to have them cleaned and cuddled by the Poochie Mouth Service!).

So, knowing that this would require very solid training, I started our first session. After twenty minutes, she had a thorough grasp of sit. By the end of the day, she sat on command for not only treats, but toys and whenever she wanted to go outside. The next day, she learned lay and shake, and on the third day, she learned down, let go, and go inside, and began to sit/lay repeatedly on command (aka doggy pushups) consistently, without treats until the very end of our sequence.

Prior to this, she was already housebroken (she has never made a mess in the house, even when we were gone for 10 hours!) and treadmill trained.

The point?

If my Poochie-Baby can learn all of that, and SELF MAINTAIN her exercise regime (she will sit on the treadmill and whine until you turn it on, and won't get off unless she has been on for at least forty minutes, not even when someone knocks at the door!), and show that much discipline, why can't I stick to a diet or exercise regime?!

And so, I'm back here.

I really hope I stay this time.

That being said, this time I come armed with Big-Ass Salads... a truly powerful weapon for my busy schedule :)

Welcome back! It's not that your dog has more discipline, its that your dog is an inspiration for you to find the discipline you didn't know you had!

And never underestimate the

tumblr_m9gmaajp6q1rzevzpo1_500.jpg?w=490

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

your dog knows how to use a treadmill?  Smart dog.  But would it not be more efficient to walk the dog outdoors?  That way you get exercise too.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.