Forums are back in action! ×

defeating the smoke demon!

Good luck and congratulations! I quit 10 years ago and can still say it's the hardest thing I've ever done but one that I am most proud of!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

Stopped more than a year ago and know how hard these first days are. I had a list on a door where I marked each day prison style. When I felt the urge I went and counted reminding myself that if I smoke then these days would be lost.

I used to smoke sitting at my window, reading on the tablet so each time in the coming weeks that I felt I should sit there I grabbed a water or coffee instead.

Because many smokers are habit smokers this helped immensely. I fed the habit but with something else.

You can do it and after a few weeks its really rather just easy.

Weightloss Goal

65%
65%

Stopped more than a year ago and know how hard these first days are. I had a list on a door where I marked each day prison style. When I felt the urge I went and counted reminding myself that if I smoke then these days would be lost.

I used to smoke sitting at my window, reading on the tablet so each time in the coming weeks that I felt I should sit there I grabbed a water or coffee instead.

Because many smokers are habit smokers this helped immensely. I fed the habit but with something else.

You can do it and after a few weeks its really rather just easy.

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."

The hardest is when I go see my dad! So used to grabbing a cup of coffee and a smoke and sitting out in his shop ! But I'm doing it! I do grab a big cup of coffee ! Thanks! So much for the positive encouragement!!!

. For couchsurfer! Sometimes my computer skills are lacking!

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."

Many of us have been there and done it so you can do it too.

My mum used the money saved aproach.

each time she wanted to smoke one she marked it. Once she had a pack together she would take the money for the pack and put it into a piggy bank.

After 4 months she took the family out to a nice dinner. She had saved that much.

Weightloss Goal

65%
65%