Forums are back in action! ×

One more newbie arriving

Hi everybody.

I have joined the academy a few days ago (less than a week) and I have entered the forum today for the first time.

There is a lot of information here and I feel a bit overwhelmed.

But I will read on everything I can and eventually will catch up.

I'm a 22 y/o guy from Brazil. Next year I'll graduate in Business / Management and I work as a consultant in an IT company.

I have decided to join Nerd Fitness because I realized something about me... I feel like an awesome person. I come from a not-so-wealthy family and at the age of 22 I have traveled to 9 different countries, I left my parents house (without conflict) when I was 19, I have a job that allows me to pay for my own house (I'm still buying furniture, but feeling great about designing and decorating it) and my own car (car prices in Brazil are crazy, this is actually an achievement), I have an amazing girlfriend, we were friends for 3 years and we are in a relationship for 4 years now, I feel smart and I feel successful.

BUT, when I look in the mirror that is not the person I see. I don't see any awesomeness when I look at myself.

I never got depressed by this or lost self confidence, but I admit that I avoid the most I can looking at the mirror.

And so I decided I wanted to change that.

I have tried some things now, from gym to diet plans (those '3 weeks diet' things), but nothing worked.

So far I am really enjoying the spirit of "go slow, build habits" and I am confident that I can become more healthy and look nicer here.

I have made some exams and my health is actually pretty good, even being overweight, but I am very aware that I will not be 20-something forever and I want to change my life style as soon as possible.

Probably the next thing I am going to do is start a daily battle post to share my food log from the first nutrition quest.

I believe it may help keeping me motivated to doing it every day.

Cheers!

Nice to meet you all.

I've just joined today! And you are right... there is a ton of reading to catch up on.

I started a practice recently based on "The Magic of Thinking Big" where you make a 60 second commercial to boost your self-confidence and self-image. They say if you keep talking about yourself as if you are the awesome guy you want to be, then you will become him. It can be really motivating. I wish I would remember to do it throughout the day, and not just in the morning.

Best wishes,