Forums are back in action! ×

A New Challenger Approaches!

Hi, there! I'm Oz, and I've joined the Rebellion in order to fight against the evils of body fat and laziness!

I'm a 25-year-old actor/singer/dancer currently performing at Legoland, and I'm a big gamer. Final Fantasy and most things Nintendo are my loves. I'm also the proud father of an Australian Shepherd named Twilight (she's my princess, so kudos to any who connect the nerd dots). The most important thing about me, however, is that I'm a Christian who wants desperately to follow after Jesus Christ in truth and love.

I've been a chunky monkey most of my life, and after college I steadily gained weight til I hit 281 lbs., at which point I had to make a change. I managed to lose 20 of that simply by watching my intake and counting calories, but I plateaued pretty hard when I stopped keeping strict track of things.

My fitness goals are pretty simple; while I naturally would like to look nicer in my wardrobe, my true motivation lies in the fact that I want to DO more. I want to be able to run and jump and play and dance. I want to swim without being horribly body shy (because swimming is one of my favorite activities). I above all want to honor the body God has blessed me with and keep it healthy enough to be able to serve Him in whatever callings He gives me. Basically, I want to be an Adventurer.

So, thank you for accepting me into your ranks here! I look forward to the challenge, and I hope to be as much help to others as you all will be to me!

• Like 2

Welcome to the rebellion. Eating less and moving more are really the only two pieces of the puzzle. We can figure out ways to eat less and ways to move more, but that's really all there is to it. I recommend hanging around the recruit section of the current challenge as well as the adventurer section. We recommend all first timers do their initial challenge with the recruit to get the hang of how the challenges work. Check out some threads and comment and you'll be ready to go when the next one rolls around.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath