Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all!

I've been hanging around Nerd Fitness for a while but never made the leap to join the community until now. I have kinda went from plan to plan for years and when I saw no improvements quickly, I'd move on to the next. Never giving anything time to actually work. I maxed out at 260 pounds.

A few years ago I took up taekwondo, and I have progressed well in that. I have gotten a little fitter, but due to my diet, I have never really lost much (any) weight. When I looked at the scales one day and saw 260 it kind of gave me a shock. I am nearing my black belt, and that test can be four hours long. I decided that I want to be stronger, lighter and have more endurance for that test. I don't want to be panting and breathless after just the warm up!

I started doing DDP Yoga, and Convict Conditioning on days that I wasn't training taekwondo. I changed my diet and instead of thinking of it as a diet, I just try to eat what is healthy and only eat food that has a purpose for my body. I don't always succeed with that but when I fail, I get right back on track and don't let it get out of hand. Damn MacDonalds.

Anyway, I am feeling good, have dropped to 249 pounds as of today (just at the end of four weeks of the new exercise regime) and am going strong. Good to be here.

See ye around!

• Like 3

6 week challenge goals

Yoga days out of 15

33%
33%

Convict Conditioning days out of 10

20%
20%

C25K

6%
6%

Congrats on the loss! As you mentioned weight loss will be primarily diet focused, exercise will help with composition. 

What are some steps you took towards eating healthier that worked- what healthy things have you started to incorporate into your regular nutrition (I'm trying to avoid the word diet for this part of my post and failing miserably lol).

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Thanks for the replies! I've cut out all fizzy drinks, sweets and crisps apart from the odd one now and again. Have started having scrambled eggs for breakfast instead of toasted cheese sandwiches. For dinners I've been eating chicken, brown rice and lots of vegetables. I vary things from time to time but that is the bones of it! My biggest failing nutrition wise was always portion size so I'm cleaning up my act there.

I'm from Killarney in County Kerry, Tanktimus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 week challenge goals

Yoga days out of 15

33%
33%

20%
20%

C25K

6%
6%

So, since I started my fitness journey I haven't always been the most consistent. I have really knuckled down since Christmas and went Paleo. As of today, I am 16.6 stone. I have lost 3 stone, or 30lb's. Really happy. Only about 20lb's to go until I hit target weight.

6 week challenge goals

Yoga days out of 15

33%
33%

20%
20%

C25K

6%
6%