Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all from Savannah, GA

Hello,

I would just like to extend a greeting and salutation to this community, from whom I hope to learn a lot. I started working out August 1st, and bought a pull-up bar as my first piece of equipment. It's one of those that doubles as a push-up bar on the floor, so I use it for that too. I also have been riding my bike about 20 minutes every night. I have never done any kind of exercises before, other than Yoga, and am trying to avoid using weights, simply because I don't want to have to get a gym membership, but am not opposed to it if I feel I can't excel beyond a certain point from home.

I will be reading the forums as much as possible, mainly lurking, except to give kudos to those who are achieving. I'm of average height and average build, with a barrel chest that builds muscle fairly easily - though I have never been one to work out, ever my entire life. I have been a bartender and server for 18 years, and staying on my feet has always kept me pretty trim, though I do have a small gut, if I watch what I eat I can generally keep it in check. 5'10" and 175lbs right now, I'd like to turn it into 165lbs and have it all be lean muscle mass.

Thanks for having this group. Because I'm a bit of a nerd/geek and want to approach my fitness with like-minded individuals.

Aaron Hill

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion! What kind of bike riding do you do?? Road, Downhill or something else?? Yeh good choice of the body weight routine, it can be done anywhere and its simple. It s also lighter on your pocket!

What kind of nerdy stuff do you do?? as in like gaming or watching every episode of a tv series etc.

You will not do incredible things without incredible dreams.

Welcome to the rebellion. Let me suggest you de-lurk at the start of the next six week challenge (we are in week 4 of the current one) and join the recruits (where we send all first time challenge takers).

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the rebellion! What kind of bike riding do you do?? Road, Downhill or something else?? Yeh good choice of the body weight routine, it can be done anywhere and its simple. It s also lighter on your pocket!

What kind of nerdy stuff do you do?? as in like gaming or watching every episode of a tv series etc.

I have a beach cruiser that I got from my step-dad who recently died of lung cancer, so that's what I ride. I take it as fast as it will go on the road out here in Savannah. Some of it is uphill, and some obviously is downhill, but for the most part it's pretty straight and flat. There are no gears so I feel every single stroke. It burns the crap out of my legs - and it feels great.

I am an avid sci-fi nut. I love comic books, or at least I used to, don't get as many as I did when I was younger, because the local comic shop closed down a couple of years ago, but I have ordered some online. I watch tons of TV shows on demand, and catch any movie on time travel that is ever made. I also do digital graphics for my own story that I've been writing for several years called Metalstar, which is a science fiction mythology about aliens turning the planet into a wasteland.

I consider myself a nerd because I live in the belt buckle of the bible beating redneck South, and I don't watch sports, and couldn't care less, and I can hold a conversation beyond a grunt, which pretty much makes me the one-eyed man in the valley of the blind. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion. Let me suggest you de-lurk at the start of the next six week challenge (we are in week 4 of the current one) and join the recruits (where we send all first time challenge takers).

I noticed that I missed the most recent one on July 27th and was looking forward to catching the next. Hopefully by then I will have built up a baseline of muscle and stamina that will allow me to participate in such a challenge. As it stands now, I have got a good baseline going, but need to keep working at it.